AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do Many Of Your Workforce Work From Home?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZaneyJaney
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Do Many Of Your Workforce Work From Home? Reply with quote

How many companies have staff working from home or a satellite location other than the main office? I know some people who work from home with video conferencing etc to link to main office and they find it works really well. Just wondered if it's popular or not? I sometimes work from home for my Catering Equipment company and it can be great to be able to catch up on home tasks/ housework as well as focus on more detailed jobs for work away from the hubbub of the office. I also think that I work harder as conversely I have more to do.
Janey
highlandspring
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Work from the villa Reply with quote

Well my wife and I both work from home and we have a holiday villa in Cyprus which means we can spend all the school holidays working from there.
ZaneyJaney
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds idyllic Smile
Samantha Elliot
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: More Common Due to Changing Work Environments Reply with quote

It's becoming more and more common for businesses to give employees the opportunity to work from home or remote locations. Simply put, employee needs are changing due to shifting family structures and responsibilities. Working remotely is also more of a feasible and cost effective option thanks to technological advancements. Businesses are also realising that flexible working hours and working remotely are valuable benefits, and thus use these as an incentive to attract or retain talent. Hope this helps!
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst there are many positives to working from home, what about the negatives?

For example, can you adequately check up on your work force and see that it's performing as well as it could?

And, from the worker's point of view, is it difficult to 'leave' your work come the end of the day?
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Staff levels Reply with quote

I guess when companies start to recruit again, an option will be to outsource many of the office jobs. My advice, take nothing for granted, prepare an on-line portfolio/cv.

Drachsi
cargarl
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i tend to find that working at home causes alot of stress especially as deadlines are not met and it is hard to prove the excuses are false. so its better that you work in an office together..
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: It will work for some, not others Reply with quote

With the current weather, working from home has it's benefits, apart from the cost savings. Working from my home office I am able to complete tasks faster and have a high job satisfaction.

Using cloud technology, it is easy to maintain constant contact. There are also huge benefits for companies, reducing overheads and retaining existing staff with the knowledge of the company processes.

Drachsi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum