AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New way of getting B2B customers – what are your thoughts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul_R
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:35 am    Post subject: New way of getting B2B customers – what are your thoughts? Reply with quote

Hey Guys! Happy 2013! Hope it’s a good one for you all!

I’m looking for your take on an idea…

A friend of mine is looking to start a new business that helps businesses in the B2B arena (so businesses who supply to other businesses) find new customers more effectively.

He’s asked me to join him and work on it, and I kind of like the idea, but I’d love to hear your take on it and any thoughts you have on the concept!

Here’s the spiel…

Basically, how do you currently get warm leads for your business?
Telemarketing? Pay-per-click advertising? SEO? Trade Shows?...
Well, how about if you stated what type of customers you are looking for (your ideal customer in terms of industry, employee size, turnover, decision maker title, etc…) and then individuals who know the type of customers you are looking for could introduce your company to them if they are interested in hearing from you?…
Here, via an online platform, you state what customers you are looking for, and how much you are willing to pay for warm leads that have been pre-qualified. People who then know the customers you are after are then alerted, and are told they will be paid the amount if they can facilitate an intro on your behalf.
You get pre-qualified warm leads via a referral (the best type of lead!), and the person referring the customer to you gets money for facilitating the introduction. You only pay if someone can provide a pre-qualified lead.
The model works on a national & global scale, so you can get introductions across the country (/globe!) which previously you would have no access to.

So, what do you guys think?
Would you use it for your business?

Paul
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't use it for mine, no. But that's not because it's not a valid service (I don't know)... it's just not for me. I have as much work as I want/need and am happy with that. Sure, businesses need to grow, but I'm not sure I'm happy about hiring someone from outside - who doesn't know my business as well I do - to do that.
Paul_R
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Paul!

Would you ever use it form the other side? I.e. introducing people from your contact base to businesses in return for money? (which could be anything from £20 upto £100+, depending upon the industry the business is in)

Anyone else got any thoughts on it? Would you use it for your business?

Cheers guys!

Paul
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For £20, no.

For £100+... maybe.

At the end of the day, if I'm spending my time generating referrals for someone else, I'm not working on my work, so the recompense needs to be significant.
Paul_R
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely agree with you Paul!

The companies who want the referrals set the price they are willing to pay - so a stationary supplier may only pay £50 for an intro, while a software company selling accounting software may pay £250.

Would you use it to get customers for your own business? If so, how much would you pay for a introduction to a customer by someone who knows them?

(Don't have to reveal what you do etc - i'm just trying to see if people will actually use the thing! Smile

Paul
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part, I wouldn't use it for my business, but there are possibly some small areas where I'd be prepared to offer a small introductory fee. It would something that would have to be suited to someone working in a closely-related niche, not just anyone.
Drachsi
Executive PA
Executive PA

136 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Back to basics Reply with quote

Consider this. Two strangers meet. They shake hands, the first says, How are you? The second says, Fine thanks. It is what is said next that matters if there is going to be a conversation.

It is the same when trying to build a B2B relationship. First is the meeting, second is the conversation. Two totally different approaches are needed.

Drachsi
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> General Chat Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum