AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working from home feels a bit weird ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elitebag
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:19 am    Post subject: Re: Working from home feels a bit weird ... Reply with quote

It is good to work from home .It is not limited by time ,You can do your work if there are busy and need even it is rest time .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DeniseTaylor
Secretary
Secretary

14 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love working from home. I'm so used to it now that going into a brick and mortar office would feel strange.

It does take time to get used to. You have to develop systems for eliminating distractions. But you figure it out and set down rules with family/friends.

But it's great. I enjoy solitude, so I'm perfect for it. I think some people might have trouble if they have to be around people all the time. They might get lonely.

Not me, though!
planetZest
Executive PA
Executive PA

58 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with many of the comments about the flexibility and freedom working from home offers, but it can take a while to get in to that productive routine without being distracted or to procrastinate! I have been doing it for years and at first it took some getting used to and a serious helping of discipline! lol

These days it is much easier and the motivation is either bring home the bacon to go back to work for some arse 'ole who does not appreciate all your hard work and does not pay you your worth!!.... first time i tried it about 12 years ago, it was more of an alternative fun way to work that i fell into and the motivation to avoid going back to full time employment was not there........after a few years i slipped down the slippery slope to having no choice but go back to employment.

That was a horrible time, but you do really appreciate being your own boss after being back in employment for a couple of years.....I was lucky enough to be made redundant (well the entire department was) and had another crack at it, but this time with the new motivation, new contacts, managerial experience and lots of eager customers!

Now, the fear of full time employment and cutthroat w*nkers in the workplace is enough motivation to keep disciplined! Very Happy
Samantha Elliot
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Don't Give Up on the Home Office Yet! Reply with quote

If you are still feeling uncomfortable working from home, maybe you should consider sprucing up the area where you work to make it more conducive to work and to minimise distractions. I have worked from home before and found it difficult to concentrate at first, but a few adjustments made the world of difference. I designated an area to work and bought the appropriate furniture and equipment. In spite of my scepticism, I tried a few feng shui tricks and it worked.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What tricks were those, Samantha?
globalart4u
Executive PA
Executive PA

125 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: working from home Reply with quote

flexibility and definitely have a space of your own i use the old dining room and shut the door when working so don't get distracted or disturbed by the family and it works. Though i do tend to work more from 6am to 11am and then tend to flaff around in the afternoon unless i have some stamps to make for clients for the same evening pick-up by them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum