AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web Design Prices
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Web Design Prices Reply with quote

Neilson wrote:
How much do UK web designers generally charge?

Im out in the states, and I either charge per page (if its a small basic website) or hourly if its a complex data driven site.

Im just curious to know how much a UK web designer wouyld charge for a static 10 page site?

Something I did recently.

If you don't mind spending some time, you might want to contact and meet a couple of web designers in your area. Discuss what website you're making as if you were asking the quote. Once you get a couple of different quotes, you have a pretty good idea of how much 'you' should be charging ...
cakys1980
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the guy who did mine charged me 3000 + VAT but that did include a database for the back end to cover my clients

Have a look:
www. whitefishinvestments.co.uk
gosolo
PA
PA

27 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to charge flat rate a long time ago until I realized it the hard way, things change during the course of production, and next thing I knew I would be 10 hours over the time of estimated budget, and I would normally eat those hours because I promised them a fixed amount.

From then on, I normally give them a heads-up budget bracket of between $500 to $800 for a none dynamic website which comes with x amt of pages, standard logo design (if they dont have one yet), optimization, mailform, 2 to 3 comp samples, etc.

A ball park estimate is something that clients like to hear but always warn them that its only an estimate. Because along the line, they will request for some modifications which you need to keep track of. Then "additional" features that you didn't promise on the contract or agreement. That's when you have to charge more hours depending on what you think would take you to add these features.

From a static website I normally pitch in the CMS towards the end which normally make them scratch their heads at first, but if you do a good job on explaining what a dynamic website can do to their web management budget, they usually see the value to it and get to spend more on the project.
vyc
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Web Design Prices Reply with quote

Neilson wrote:

Im out in the states, and I either charge per page (if its a small basic website) or hourly if its a complex data driven site.

Im just curious to know how much a UK web designer wouyld charge for a static 10 page site?

I charge 100 per page. So 1000 for your 10 page site.
eonic
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephangrobler wrote:
I am currently developing a database driven site for a friend of a friend for R4000.00 roughly $550.00, and let me tell you, that if I had any idea it was going to be like this, i would have adjusted my prices to suite the hours which if calculated at R100 per hour, would have come to R8000, almost double . Seeing that this is my first commercial web development, i guess i can't complain to much. Rolling Eyes

Thats true - To get the prices right it is considering how much work there is to do first and for that you would have to know. Its not just the time you are charging for either there are overheads like software licenses etc.
nitGreen
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Web Design Prices Reply with quote

Neilson wrote:

Well For me ,It depends, If the customer want us to design a custom website , We generally charge 150 for custom design, and then 50 for each page.

however If the customer need a packeg that will usually cost lower as per company policy.We know other companies even charge upto 500 to 1400 .

Tim

nitGreen web Solution
website design,E-commerce Solution
SEO, Business branding
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Companies out there charge a lot more than just 500 to 1400. It really depends on what you're after.
headsocial
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it would highly depend on the type of website you need? I know some companies charging over 50,000
fr_greece
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends i believe here in Greece is 80euros / pages but there is no reason in now days to create a static website so the cost will change !
barry100
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Web Design Prices Reply with quote

Neilson wrote:

I charge depending on how complex the site is but most of the time I can give a client a price off the top of my head after the first consultation. For SEO I charge on a 6month or yearly basis and this will depend on geographical coverage and the phrases the need to be found for.
martin-ferdinand
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Cheap Reply with quote

Hey there,

My friend is a PHP expert and has done a number of sites which are categorized as "beautiful". His rate is only $10/hr. However, if you choose to go with a Wordpress site.. it can cost about $500 bucks to make it a unique looking price
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum