AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cold Calling A Pain In The Neck
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashleyam
Secretary
Secretary

38 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: So What's All The Hub Bub About Cold Calling... Reply with quote

Boo Hoo, Boo Hoo,... It's all in the game! Very Happy
callbox
Secretary
Secretary

20 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

searchsouth wrote:
I'm not sure that there is any difference between cold calling and email spamming, but is that a good thing?!

Guess it depends on your industry really, but cold calling isn't the most cost-effective approach in mine and I guess that may be the case for many.

I think most people who think cold calling isn't effective, or most effective, are those who are not in the industry. Don't get me wrong, I hate receiving cold calls myself, but if done right, it can be helpful somehow.
Rebecca@ktm
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Cold Calling Reply with quote

New to all this forum thingy!!! But not new to cold calling.

I have spent many years in sales and now manage and administer a team of direct sales guys. All of my best guys are the 'charming' ones and not the pushy ones!

Over the years I've sold everything from insulation, home improvements and adverising to business broadband and if you approach people in a positive and thoughtful way you don't have to be pushy. Overcoming objections, upselling and other direct sales techniques are no good in the hands of someone who isn't likeable.

All selling is about persuasion whether it be product placement in a supermarket or direct mail. Direct face to face sales has a bad name as in every industry there will be people who aren't honest. But there is something about engaging with the customer on a one to one level that will always be important. I'd prefer to talk to someone than get an email and it certainly gets my attention more.

It is more than the seasoned door knockers worth to argue with someone who isn't interested. You don't waste your time you move on to someone who engages with you and looks ready for a chat!

Can imagine I may get a few negative comments from this but it's how I've always behaved and never had any complaints against me (just plenty of sales!!)

Be interested in hearing thoughts on this post
Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum