AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are there any good work from home opportunities out there?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulMac
Secretary
Secretary

19 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Are there any good work from home opportunities out there? Reply with quote

I am looking to start up a work from home biz and have been doing some reserarch.

The problems I face is that I have Zero start up capital and very little to pay a monthly sub - not enough to risk if you know what I mean Embarassed

I know what you are all saying - if you cant gamble on yourself who can you back?

So I am looking for any other ideas - I have a few that I'm looking at, such as MLM and Dropshipping, but wanted an opinion on what was working for others.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, not answering your question, but posing a new one... is there a reason for you copying much of the format of the Aardvark Sport forums with the site in your sig? Confused

Paul
PaulMac
Secretary
Secretary

19 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul

In answer to your question I will have to admit that when I designed The SportZ Forum I was aware of the Aardvark Sports Forum.

However, I feel that your accusation of copying the format is somewhat unfounded.

I am sure everyone will agree that the use of phpBB as the main body of the site does make the two sites appear to be similar but unfortunately with my limited knowledge of that particular programme I can not at present alter the appearance of that part.

As for the remainder of the site, again I am sure others will agree that the best and most eye-catching sites on the Web are ingenious by their simplicity.

I am sorry for any offence caused and as I wish to remain on the Aardvark Business forums as I believe they provide excellent help, which is what I need, I will remove the link from my Sig
Toon
Executive
Executive

319 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well back on topic and I can help you with the dropshipping side of things. I offer dropshipping for branded clothes and sunglasses from www.devilwear.co.uk.

You can also take a look at The Dropship Forum for tips on dropshipping and working from home.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulMac wrote:
However, I feel that your accusation of copying the format is somewhat unfounded.

AardvarkSport's golf forum reads...

Quote:
Golf Forum
Golf is a good walk spoiled. (Mark Twain)

Yours reads:

Quote:
Golf Forum
"Golf is a good walk spoiled." Mark Twain

AardvarkSport's American football forum reads...

Quote:
American Football Forum
Most football players are temperamental. That's 90 percent temper and 10 percent mental. (Doug Plank)

Yours reads:

Quote:
American Football Forum
"Most football players are temperamental. That's 90 percent temper and 10 percent mental." Doug Plank

AardvarkSports' fantasy sports forum reads:

Quote:
Fantasy Sports Forum
The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge. (Albert Einstein)

Yours reads:

Quote:
Fantasy Sport Forum
"The gift of fantasy has meant more to me than my talent for absorbing positive knowledge." Albert Einstein

My accusation is unfounded, is it?

Rather than just deleting your URL from your sig (there's no problem with having a link in a sig), I think it'd be more fitting to make your board less of a copy.

Paul
PaulMac
Secretary
Secretary

19 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul

I would like to see where you have the sole rights to use the above quotes which were spoken in the open arena by some of the most famous people in their profession, and therefore, properly referenced can be used by any other person.

The use of quotes to advertise businesses is an age old technique, so to state that for any other sports forum to use them would be in breach of any copyright you may hold is a spurious claim.

If I may draw your attention to the one of the most highly competitive fields in business, shoe sales - does one seller accuse the other of copying by displaying their shoes on shelves? Does one shoe shop accuse the other of copying by placing a poster in the window? Does one Director accuse the other of copying by placing a special offer advert in a Natonal Newspaper?

The do not - beacause these are all recognised selling techniques throughout the industry, the same as the use of quotes on websites is a recognised "Sticky Content" technique used to turn a Unique Visitor into a Returning Visitor.

Paul - I am but one man and I simply set up my sports forum from my computer in my bedroom as a way of making some extra money for my family.

I will endeavour to alter the content of my site as much as possible to prevent upsetting you any further, as from the community you have built up through your 3 forum sites - I can see that you have a lot of friends on the Net !!!

Back on topic tho - Please help me with any ideas for a work from home biz Laughing
trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Are there any good work from home opportunities out ther Reply with quote

MLM is always extremely risky and generally the only people who make money are those running the schemes since they generally rely on you getting other people on smaller and smaller commission rates.

Dropshipping in theory should work, although you do need to find someone reliable. There was someone on here a while back who'd done this with plasma TVs and from memory they were having all kinds of problems as the guy buying it hadn't received it. Sounded like it had got lost in the UPS system or the original company hadn't shipped it. Smaller items like Devilwear sell shouldn't be as much of a problem plus I'm pretty sure he's reliable - seems that way anyway. Smile

Other ideas - erm, Ebay? I know there are an awful lot of people selling on there and making their livings, but it doesn't mean you can't. The only problem is that you either need very small items or a warehouse and all the associated problems.

If you can get a job at BT that would probably allow you to work from home. Heard recently they'd got 60,000 home employees now and growing every day as they found it's much more efficient than having them all in an office.

How much room have you got at home for storage? I guess the lack of capital probably isn't going to help admittidly.

Trev
PaulMac
Secretary
Secretary

19 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice Toon and Trev

I see what you are saying about MLM - the lower down you are then the lower your earnings and the only people making big money are thos above you.

I think I may give dropshipping a go - I was looking for Electrical goods but as Trev said that is probably a bit high risk for a beginner.

Are there any other biz opps apart from dropship and MLM?
Old Welsh Guy
President
President

2041 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link building, directory submissions, web design, all can be practised at home and started on a shoestring (Although web design is a little harder )
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulMac wrote:
I will endeavour to alter the content of my site as much as possible to prevent upsetting you any further...

Thank you, I would appreciate it. I'm sure you must recognise that your analogy of a shoe shop isn't quite valid with this issue. Here we are dealing not only with one message board that's emulating another, but there are also issues such as duplicate content to concern yourself with. It's not going to help you or Aardvark if the two boards are duplicating content.

Anyway, let's move on...

PaulMac wrote:
Back on topic tho - Please help me with any ideas for a work from home biz Laughing

I'm not going to take the words "I have Zero start up capital..." literally, and make the assumption that you can at least spare 50 (perhaps less if you go with a cheap hosting company). If that assumption is correct, I would say get yourself a domain and hosting account, find a niche, and build a portal around it, with AdSense and affiliate partners. It'll be tough at first but gradually over time you should be able to build traffic whether it be through directory submissions, forums posts with a sig file, or simply by creating more and more spiderable content. We've done this many times over and now do very well with AdSense and affiliate income, but it has a long time and a lot of perseverence to get there.

Paul
bluelight
Vice President
Vice President

431 ants

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toon wrote:
Well back on topic and I can help you with the dropshipping side of things. I offer dropshipping for branded clothes and sunglasses from www.devilwear.co.uk.

You can also take a look at The Dropship Forum for tips on dropshipping and working from home.

The dropship forum looks to be internesting....Larry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
lemontart
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isnt there a dedicated uk site for homeworkers?

cannot recall the url

Though I found some interesting stuff on a site call www.jokenet.co.uk about earning money from your computer.
PaulMottley
Executive PA
Executive PA

59 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

stumbled onto this post when having a read through of other things.

Just wanted you to know that I might be able to offer you a few things ( hopefully not too much self serving for the mods here ! )

I distribute a product called Ultraseal. Have a look on google for it and you will find out all about it.

ok.... so how does that relate to you - well , I'm looking for a few people to help me sell it !

It can be either through dropshipping ( lower profits however ) , taking stock and selling ( bigger profits ) or acting as middleman in setting up retailers/ garages to offer installation for their customers- on a % basis. Also looking for people to do installations aswell.

You could work that from home and make good money.

other things - I also have been dabbling with virtual world direct's lotto syndicate. You could do this from home with only a small outlay to start with ( in fact you can even quit and get a fund within 14 days ) . It's a simple business that I'm sure will have been discussed at length.

Anyway - be happy to go through either of these with you - drop me an email or a PM and we can see what's your best option.

All the best

Paul
yongyeng
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Work from home! Reply with quote

HI Paul,

Im involved in a business from home, although its still in the early stages, I am not working from home just yet, but it has huge potential.
You may have heard of it before, but you will only need around $50 per month subscription fees and this can be paid for by enrolling only 3 members.

Anyway have a look at my signature and see what you think.

Cheers

Simon

P.S. I hope this is allowed moderators, afterall the question was asked;-)

http://www.1st4homebiz.successuniversity.com/slim
yongyeng
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluelight,

I am also interested in Dropshipping as I tried it with a PS2 and Xbox distributor and would like to add this string to my bow too. But I tried your links and they didnt seem to work for me, is it just me or are the links dead now?

Cheers

Simon

http://www.1st4homebiz.successuniversity.com/slim
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum