AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who inspires YOU?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Who inspires YOU? Reply with quote

When you start to look around, there are some extraordinary success stories when it comes to women in business. Who is it - if anyone - that inspires you?

Is it perhaps Oprah Winfrey who has become one of television's highest-paid personalities with her popular daytime talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show. Her net worth has been estimated at $988 million, and she earned an estimated $150 million in 2000.

Or is it maybe Madam C.J. Walker - the first millionaire woman in the United States who was also a woman of color? She accomplished this in the early 1900s, just a few decades after the abolition of slavery!

Or is it J. K. Rowling, author of the wildly popular Harry Potter children's books? She was impoverished, living on public assistance and raising her baby daughter alone while finishing the first Harry Potter story. Little did she know that in just a few short years, she would be a best selling author, a millionaire and the highest-income-earning woman in Britain due to the popularity of her books!

Who's YOUR inspiration?! Very Happy

Aaron
Cindy
PA
PA

20 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, for one, my mom. She worked hard to raise her kids and to have enough money to retire and she started out pretty low on the ladder.

As for famous people...Oprah immediately comes to mind, as does Madonna, Martha Stewart and Hilary Clinton.

I was probably most inspired by Lillian Vernon, who started her mail order business on her kitchen table (which is now on display in the Smithsonian.) I read her book, "AN EYE FOR WINNERS," several times now and always go back to it for more information and inspiration. Lillian servived the holocost, started her business on a shoestring and made it big in the 1950's, at a time when women were not supposed to work and men ruled the business world. I highly recomend reading her book to anyone, male or female, that wants to start a retail business.

http://tropi-ties.com
http://entare.com
http://e-merchantassociation.com
accala
PA
PA

42 ants

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: female inspiration Reply with quote

Hi, for me my inspiration has come from Oprah and other celeberaties including singers, people who have succeeded against the odds.

I know its a little bit cheesy but the spice girls were a huge inspiration to me, as i grew up with them always in the media, they broke through the stereo types of women and success, and they were so driven and determined to make it.

Erin Brokovich (wrong spelling sorry) also inspires me as does films like, legally blond.

Not the most typical heroic figures, but nevermind, i still get a rush to work harded whenever i think about the above!

Oh and obviously richard branson and simon cowell inspire me, love their autobiographies!

Plus, latest news and local features posted every day- post your comments on each article! Have your say on www.accala.com
Julie Grace
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: My inspiration Reply with quote

Not Oprah or Princess Di,

The women who inspire me are the ones that I personally witnessed crash to the bottom and used every ounce of passion and precision to create an excellent life.

Thank you Diane Cole for going back to school and getting your R.N. license at your age.

Thank you Sherida Hill for sharing your strength to admit your faults and how you turned everything around. It is a light on this path of success.

Thank you Professor K for caring so much about women and their struggles that you found away to tap into my brian so that I could realize what I needed to fix to be fortunate.

Thank you J. W. for sharing how your business was $100k in the red and how you turned it around.

These are the Women with Millionare Minds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
csmarketing
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to choose someone from today's society I would pick of course Oprah Winfrey, everyone has their own opinions on this no doubt but Julie you comment
Quote:
Not Oprah or Princess Di,

The women who inspire me are the ones that I personally witnessed crash to the bottom and used every ounce of passion and precision to create an excellent life.

I don't agree with, about Oprah she did not start out as a billionaire or millionaire for that matter. . She worked very hard to get where she is today. Her life was not easy, look at the history she overcame being abused as a your child. On top of not having a mother, and being moved around as a child it is very much an inspiration that she was able to overcome what she has. Many are not able to do this, she proves it can be done if you want it bad enough.

Sure she is making all this money, but look at what she does with it as well.
Well enough about that, others who inspire me are Julia Roberts, Madame CJ walker, Halle Berry and so many more. Not only women either, Donald Trump I could go on and on thanks

M
Julie Grace
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: point Reply with quote

If you missed the point here it is:

I admire people that I know personally. I do not know Oprah personally, she is a public figure, her struggles are well known because she made them known.

Observing someone you know take control of their life day by day, step by step is an amazing present.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
snanny
Executive
Executive

212 ants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's YOUR inspiration?!

My mom and my grandparents and Tarja Halonen (president of Finland)
Anthony
Executive PA
Executive PA

87 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My partner is who drives me (crazy sometimes!). This is because if I don't bring home enough money to cover what she has already spent then I'm in trouble with bank manager!
T: 01344 707355
Bringing new clients to your door.
Truelyana
PA
PA

21 ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a living inspiration. Very Happy I go by my own example, meaning I don't use external influences to guide me.
SheInspires
Executive PA
Executive PA

55 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women like Nancy Bird-Walton - Australia's first female aviator - my friend Sam with her business OllieandMax.com.au and women like Michelle Obama who are leading by positive example are inspiring to me.

I think each of us has the responsbility to live our lives so we encourage and hopefully inspire others.

I like the women who are self starters, make real change in the world and are living their life fully.

Advertise in our Women's Magazine online.
freeadspromsell
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: inspire yourself because u are special and unique ! Reply with quote

i absolutely agree with "Truelyana" i am inspired from myself, never use external factors and never envy some public figures. my race is always with myself to be better and better each day, each month and year. i normally do weekly, monthly, yearly plans and reshape them each important stage of my life.
eckochen
Secretary
Secretary

21 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad and Donald Trump
barbaragreer02
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best inspiration is my Mom because she gave me a lot of advice that really helps me to improve my life and do things better. I want to show her that I love her so much because without her i will not be here. My friends and family are also my inspiration 'coz they give me lots of encouragements in life.
gumihomiho
PA
PA

32 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My inspiration? Of course, God, my family, friends, love ones. Whatever I do, whether if it's right or wrong. I have a lot of failures in life. All my inspirations are always at my back to lift and support me. Oh, I am also inspired to all the people who fight for their own country. In all the indigent which always thinks positive in their life and still happy despite their problems. Smile
cantdecode
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many things and people to consider that inspires me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum