AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big Bird's words of wisdom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Big Bird's words of wisdom Reply with quote

Cost of 4 years at Villanova: $112,000. Watching students when they hear Big Bird is their commencement speaker: priceless.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/04262004_ent_bigbird.html

Aaron
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Cost of 4 years at Villanova: $112,000. Watching students when they hear Big Bird is their commencement speaker: priceless.

So who should be the speaker? Nelson Mandela? Mother Theresa? Probably, Villanova's choice wasn't that great, but I wonder who is more ... appropriate?

Last edited by foundThroughAdminSig on Fri May 14, 2004 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

versus

Hmmmm... which would you go for? Laughing

Seriously, whilst not every University can hope to attract the likes of Mandela, I'm sure there's some eminent people that they could have invited. I don't know anything about the guy who played 'Big Bird'... but surely there's someone that has contributed a great deal to the local community that is worthy of the accolade?!

Paul
trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably half the students are secretly wanting the actor to appear in full costume as we all know students spend their entire mornings sitting in bed watching kids TV - it's just non of them will actually admit it... Smile

As for Big Bird, I'd guess you could say he/it has done more for US education than any of the rather sleezy local politicians that speak at these things so in that respect Big Bird is probably a better speaker than anyone their likely to get - Nelson is getting a bit old for trips to the US I'd imagine.

Actually possibly slightly worrying is that Big Bird is probably better known around America (and I suspect much of the rest of the world) than most of the other famous people you could try for.

Of course they could do worse - how about the Teletubbies? (Not sure if they've made it to the US yet - but heres a taster)...aggghhh. Very Happy

Trev
PS: As for Mother Theresa - that could be a little tricky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum