AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

copyright of photos in blogs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Law & Insurance Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ADLI
Secretary
Secretary

24 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: copyright of photos in blogs Reply with quote

I'm not sure that I'm posting this into the correct forum - so apologies if it requies moving.

As I said in an earlier post, I'm thinking of starting an expat blog. I have been looking at a few blogs to get an idea of how I should go about this - and succeed.

One or two of the more professional looking blogs I have seen often use thumbnail photos to illustrate their blog.

My question is does anyone know whether I need to get copyright before I can use a thumbnail photo - or is that considered 'Fair Use' ?

Thanks for any advice.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I understand it...

Any photo is copyrighted to the person that takes it, unless it is expressly stated otherwise. Using just a small image doesn't get you around issues of copyright. Many bloggers will use photographs that aren't copyright to them - even on the big blogs - but I would guess there would be little objection by many copyright owners if you are using an image to help promote the owner's product.

It's just a risk you can choose to take, or not to take, as you please.

Paul
ADLI
Secretary
Secretary

24 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks. I suspected so, but just wondered if there was some loop hole I didn't know about!
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After DMCA (or other copyright laws), whatever published on the web is automatically copyrighted. Even if you don't see "copyright", it's copyrighted. However, I often see pictures taken from other websites and modified used on many websites. I'm not saying that this is the way to get around; I'm simply saying that many people do this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Law & Insurance Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum