AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm Writing An Ebook on the Best Way To Start A business
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To go back to the original post:

Quote:
I'm writing an ebook on the most profitable ways to start an online business. I was wondering what the best online business to start is, and I need the advantages and disadvantages as well, if you don't mind.

The first thing that came to my mind is why not write an ebook about something you know about? Sure, we all can benefit from the advice and experience of other people and learn new things and input from here will be helpful, but it sounds as though you want us to teach or tell you the subject matter for your book.

I also wonder what market you're targeting? I mean, who is going to want to buy an ebook about the most profitable ways to create a great online business from someone who has to ask on a forum about the best online business to start?

I'm sorry if this comes over as being negative but I just get the feeling that if you knew how to run a profitable online business then you would be doing it, rather than asking on a forum how you can write a book about doing it.
janicepink
PA
PA

22 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice! I think it would be also be a good idea to include the legal aspects covered in the online business / businesses that you would be covering in your book. Have you finished the book yet? If yes, feel free to send me one, as long as its quite affordable, Love but if you haven't, the best of luck to you Smile
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm sorry if this comes over as being negative but I just get the feeling that if you knew how to run a profitable online business then you would be doing it, rather than asking on a forum how you can write a book about doing it.

They do it because that's what everybody else is doing - and it's perceived as a way of making quick bucks. Half the idiots writing books on making money online have been collecting their material from the internet rather than drawing it from personal experience.

If that's what you're doing I hope your book fails miserably.
Sparkey
Executive PA
Executive PA

66 ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Writing E-book Reply with quote

robertg wrote:
Hello i have found that writing a short how to book or report work really well and they sell real fast and well. Give it a try

Laughing Whether or not it's intended to be, the above is rather funny in the context of this thread!

I have to agree with the others who've pointed out that asking on an internet forum probably isn't the way to come up with a great book (no disrespect to the Aardvark crowd, of course!) I mean, really, if you have to ask this kind of stuff you probably don't know enough to be writing a book, of any value, on the topic, sorry.
Why, not try writing about something you know about? at least then you can be sure you'll have produced a book which may be of use to someone.
There are a huge number of "how to make money online" books out there, even if there's more of a demand for them you're still going to be competing in quite crowded market, You might make a few sales, but unless you can write something which is going to stand out as being above average quality you may just find you're wasting your time. *shrug*
cattygirl
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:59 am    Post subject: business success Reply with quote

I came across this eBook on ebookbang.com titled How to build your online business.
My website has now hit page 1 on google and sales are up 20%.
I would really recommend anybody to read this if you are starting an online business.
JHardin
PA
PA

51 ants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try purchasing a young already established business unless you can afford a very good SEO company. Search Engine optimization is 90% everything when starting an online business. Rolling Eyes
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHardin wrote:
Search Engine optimization is 90% everything when starting an online business. Rolling Eyes

I'm not sure I fully agree with that. Sure, it's important to get traffic. But there are other means other than SEO.

What's critical at the onset - IMHO - is having a product that's going to sell.
SheInspires
Executive PA
Executive PA

55 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too found the opening question about how to make a successful online business strange but then figured it was a lure for ideas.

Given the space for ebooks on online marketing is so crowded wouldn't it make more sense to write one of a niche topic that was really useful for the target audience?

All the best.

Advertise in our Women's Magazine online.
figurewizard
Executive PA
Executive PA

104 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless one's struck oil in their back garden the one advantage any business needs is numbers and lots of them. Internet business is the purest form of this. A conversion rate of 1% of visitors to their site is great for many businesses for example but the bigger the number of visitors, the better. So being big in the numbers game is the key advantage and if your e-book can explain how to achieve this, it will do well.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to be awkward here but I'm going to slightly disagree with that last point. Smile

Sure, numbers are very important. The more people you can get to your site the better. But it's the quality of that traffic that is critical, and the way in which you treat that traffic (eg. how user friendly your site is for people making purchases).

Let's say you get 1,000 visitors a day and have a 1% conversion. That's 10 sales a day.

Now, to double your number of sales, you can either double your traffic or double your conversion (or a combination of the two).

To move from 30,000 visitors a month to 60,000 is not something you can usually do overnight. However, a few tweaks here and there can result in dramatic differences in conversion. It's probably far easier to double your conversion rate than it is to double your traffic, and I think people overlook that sometimes.
figurewizard
Executive PA
Executive PA

104 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:46 am    Post subject: Web business and numbers Reply with quote

I would argue that quantity is the horse and quality is the cart. Search criteria, determined by the potential user is what visitor numbers depend upon and it is those numbers that predicate success initially. That is why I don't accept the use of the term 'quality' in the context of web based business either. 'Relevance' is the more appropriate. A web business that focuses on search terms that do not support its products will not be going very far for example.

As for increasing conversion rates on the web; while presentation is undoubtedly important, content is even more so. The visitor will have entered terms that to him or her exactly match the description of what they are seeking to buy. If they don't find it on website A they move on. Therefore 'choice' is another key factor in turning visits into orders but the fact remains that without the visitor numbers in the first place you still do not have the option to be effective in this regard.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Web business and numbers Reply with quote

figurewizard wrote:
I would argue that quantity is the horse and quality is the cart.

So I take it you join all the auto-traffic exchange systems going?

Sorry, but I think we might have to agree to disagree on that one! Smile
figurewizard
Executive PA
Executive PA

104 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Web business and numbers Reply with quote

Auto traffic exchange? I was referring to search engines (e.g. Search criteria, determined by the potential user......). I fail to see how you can disagree with something I didn't say.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your original statement was:

Quote:
A conversion rate of 1% of visitors to their site is great for many businesses for example but the bigger the number of visitors, the better. So being big in the numbers game is the key advantage and if your e-book can explain how to achieve this, it will do well.

I can't see any reference to traffic specifically from search engines there, although granted you do mention search in the later post so maybe that's what you meant with the original statement. Instead it appeared to be a blanket comment of "the bigger the number of visitors [by any means], the better".

Even if your comments were specific to search engine traffic, it is still possible to get large quantities of poor quality traffic via search.
figurewizard
Executive PA
Executive PA

104 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nor did you see anything relating to 'auto-traffic exchange.' I would have thought that reference to search terms in any post concerned with web business would add up to search engines unless specifically stated as being otherwise.

As for getting 'poor quality' results, the quality should only be poor if it is not relevant. This can either be because the website iteself is not sufficiently focused on keywords or the visitor has not been specific. In the case of the latter there is nothing the website owner can do about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Google

Business Forum • Sport Forum • Travel Forum