AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What kind of online jobs are out there?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dele
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: What kind of online jobs are out there? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have been looking into online work for some time now but have been unable to find any honest and reputable work to do. I know there must be "real" jobs available online. I guess part of the trouble with my searches is that I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for. So I was wondering if any one here has some ideas of the types of "real" jobs that are available online and how one might get involved with them? By "real" I just mean jobs where one would get paid decently for the work, and where one wouldn't have to do anything immoral such as spamming, pyramid scheming, or anything misleading or dishonest. If you have any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Dele
BernardErtl
President
President

11 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these require some skills, so they may not be what you are looking for, but off the top of my head:

programming (both desktop applications and web scripts)
web design
seo/sem (including PPC management, keyword research, copywriting, log file analysis, etc.)
Andrew2
Executive
Executive

284 ants

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to avoid anything called "ad placement" or "internet typists" jobs. These are essentially variations on the envelope stuffing scams, which are all basically pyramid schemes. There are legitimte money making opportunities out there, but you are probably more interested in something where you put in a set amount of effort and get paid a set amount. That is a job, as opposed to an opportunity. One job that some have made some extra money off of are surveys. But don't pay to get started with surveys. If you have to pay to get started it is most likely a money making opportunity as opposed to a job.
Old Welsh Guy
President
President

2041 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can type and have other office skills, then you could set up a virtual office service for admin only. or maybe proofreading, copywriting etc. These all depend on your experience though.

To be absolutely blunt, there are not many 'jobs' online where you are going to get a set hourly wage, as no one can tell how many hours you have worked. You are going to have to sit down with pen and paper and work out what skills you have that will translate online.

Then search out freelance work in those areas.

OWG
Still Waters
Executive
Executive

190 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow Virtual Assistants
As OWG suggested, this may be a good route. Check out the following resource.

Quote:
http://www.ivaa.org/

The International Virtual Assistants Association (IVAA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the professional education and development of members of the Virtual Assistance profession, and to educating the public on the role and function of the Virtual Assistant. IVAA holds the distinction of being the only organization offering the comprehensive IVAA Certified Virtual Assistant (CVA) exam, recognized internationally as the standard that Virtual Assistants strive to attain. Information is provided to the public so that a qualified virtual assistant can be found for your project.

Arrow Photography
Do you enjoy photography? Webmasters are willing to pay big bucks for a license to use high quality photos. Take a look at this website (http://www.inmagine.com/) as an example of what you could do with photography.

Arrow Data Entry
Unlike many other types of web work, data entry is easily quantified. So businesses feel comfortable paying by the unit of completed work, rather than by the hour (when they can't see if you're working or goofing off.) This may fall under the above category of Virtual Assistant, though.

Well, whatta ya know! I just visited Townhall.com, as reconnaissance for you, and look what I found! This page (http://www.townhall.com/jobs/) lists numerous jobs. Yes, most of them require the worker to report to the office. However... if you look more closely... you'll see that many of these job openings represent work-at-home opportunities for you!

For example, take a look at this job opening...
Quote:
The Fund for American Studies
http://www.tfas.org/

Database Coordinator

The Database Coordinator will manage the organization's constituent on-line database. Responsibilities include data entry and manipulation, record updating, and report preparation and analysis. The individual will also have responsibility for other computer related tasks. Database experience or computer background preferred. This position reports to the Vice President for Finance & Administration. Competitive salary commensurate with candidate's credentials. Applicants should submit resume and other relevant materials to the TFAS Vice President for Administration (202-986-8930) or email to rcallahan@tfas.org.

Did you notice the Database Coordinator's responsibilities include data entry? Perhaps he or she would be interested in outsourcing this part of the job. Wink If not, fine. There are lots more opportunities just like this one out there. Finding work is a "numbers game." You've got to knock on a gazillion doors (that's the New Math I learned in the 1960s) in order to receive one YES.

I recommend that you contact organizations that are already publicizing their projects and job responsibilities. That way, you can personalize your pitch to their needs. You can say, "Hey, I can do that! Consider outsourcing to me!"

Arrow Web Copy Writer
Are you good with words? Webmasters pay for high quality web copy to zoom their products off the shelves! (trying to write creatively here Rolling Eyes )

Arrow Web Content Writer
How about writing articles? Or how about being an online commentator? If you're opinionated and articulate, there's a market for your regular column. For example, Townhall.com is one of my favorite places to read online columnists.
Mike Dempsey
President
President

1366 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Network security

Penetration testing.

Data Mining.
ponpots
Temp

6 ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selling on ebay.... Smile

If you want to than you can start selling on ebay. Here is more information & helpful resources. <link removed, site linked to already in signature OWG>
Nick0r
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Running websites is a very popular source of working from home. It can also give you a great income if you do it right.
Orion
Executive
Executive

242 ants

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found that it can be quite difficult to actually find a suitable paying job online. They are quite far between, you will more so find a lot of bits and peices that will maybe add up to a decent income, unless you have realitevly ok skills in something such as programming or copywriting or design which you can translate into a good hourly rate selling the service to others.
savesumdough
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:56 pm    Post subject: Or those of you who want to dabble in Ebay - Reply with quote

If you wanna start selling on the net Ebay is a good place to start because there is a huge audience out there for you and for someone with limited knowledge of COmputers and the internet its very step by step and easy to get into.
This is kind of an ad, im not sure if thats allowed, so apologies if not, but here goes.
I sell bulk lots of clothing from Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Burberry, Fred Perry, Von Dutch, Abercrombie etc at low prices, so if you are looking to start on Ebay, or at a Local market just selling clothing send me an Email and I will give you prices. You have nothing to lose, there is obviously no obligation to buy just because we talk. I'll do my best to accomodate your needs.
Hope to hear from you soon. Happy 2005

If you are interested in anything besides clothing, then just ask me, I can also get other stuff.
Fraser
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post deleted by user.

Last edited by Fraser on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
missionrd
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Surf the Net and get paid for doing it. Join Studio Traffic, by far the best Paid to Surf program on the Web, and advertise all your Internet Businesses and get highly responsive hits to your websites. No HTML codes and no programming hassles. You can start getting hits the minute you advertise your websites. As a paid member, all you need to do is to put in all the websites you want to advertise, and our members will start surfing them instantly. We have a few thousand members surfing at any given time looking for good products and opportunities. Where else can you find a place which pays you to advertise your websites. Its free to join and you automatically get $10 to give you a start.

You also have the option to upgrade and become a paid member. Add from 10 to a couple of thousand dollars to your account to become a paid member and that qualifies you to advertise any websites. For example an extra $90 (One time payment) with the compound option will in one year boost your monthly earnings to over $500.

<removed> (Hopefully placing the URL over here is allowed, if not, click on 'Get paid to Surf' below)
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not an online job... it's just yet another 'get paid to surf' scheme, so link removed. Please see the advertising rules.

Paul
efren
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working taking online surveys. Seems to be working pretty good for me. So far I have made a little over a hundred bucks.

Just to let you know, there's no need to pay to take surveys. I found a good free site that lists or 500 paying companies, called yellowsurveys.com.

http://www.yellowsurveys.com
girl
Executive PA
Executive PA

86 ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a few websites and start selling some affiliate products....works for me....my sites sell Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum