AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How about quality for host :godaddy & who ever used it?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
susan205060
Secretary
Secretary

14 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: How about quality for host :godaddy & who ever used it? Reply with quote

Our company plan to rent the host and domain with company: godaddy.

Who used this company's hosting and service? what is the result?

Thanks to share us your experience if any!!

Thanks again!

Yours sincerely,
Susan Zheng
judel
PA
PA

32 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used Godaddy for hosting for about 2 years and have mostly been very happy with them. They give an outstanding amount of space/bandwidth for the price. Though you get a lot of included email addresses, only a small amount can be stored in each one. Their uptime is impressive, but if you'll be using a database, those servers do go down every once in awhile. Not enough to really cause problems, but it can be frustrating at times.

Overall, I'm happy with them and don't have any plans on leaving them any time soon!
maglite
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

It's worked fine for us.
gamer1
Executive PA
Executive PA

0 ants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's working okay for me too. I haven't had any problems with their service yet.
Elle1971
Executive
Executive

333 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We use hostmonster and love them. oodles of email, plenty of bandwidth, excellent support. The only people I've come across who use godaddy have had smaller lower traffic sites. I'm not casting aspersions at all (before anyone attacks) I'm just making observations.

No I'm not on commission with them. Actually there's a thought - I blimmin should be - I sing their praises often enough!

Elle xx
dmbunny
PA
PA

42 ants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also used GoDaddy, but just for purchasing domain names. Upon doing some research, they seem to be the lowest in price.

I don't have them host any of my domains, but I was also wondering how good they were. I was paying $25 per month for hosting. I know that there are hosting companies out there who charge more and those that charge less.

I've heard that Gator is very good and a reasonable cost. Has anyone ever heard of them or tried them? I haven't had the chance to research them as of yet. If anyone has had any experience with them, please let me know.
TWI
Vice President
Vice President

438 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoDaddy is good, but I think we are better.
http://thewholeinternet.net/?lang=en&action=hosting
Mar
Executive PA
Executive PA

44 ants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did this discussion turn out? I always suggest you buy domain names from one company and hosting from another .... a wee security blanket Smile

That means if the hosting goes bad, you can change the nameserver information for the domain quite easily. If the domain registrar has a hiccup, you can still get to your files, either by contacting server support at your hosting company or, if you have a cPanel host, as a sub-directory of the main hosting account - eg www.yourhostingcompanyname.com:2082 logging in with your userid and password ....

Best
Mar
vortex2000
PA
PA

41 ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently with godaddy and so far havn't had any problems. I do think they could improve on their customer service somewhat. That's about it.
OdaaNok1
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use godaddy hosting, too.
I have 3 website on 3 hosting acc. at godaddy-hosting.
Everything are the same with the other host but if you use .htaccess with wordpress, it will update .htaccess slowly.
brad319
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Using Go Daddys Reply with quote

I primarily use go daddy for masking and redirection of affliliate links to offer pages
thesarasmile
Secretary
Secretary

21 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mar is quite right. While I usually do buy hosting and domains from the same company - if you ever have a billing discrepancy with your web host and they have control over your domain name they can shut you down. Even if you have backups of your web files now you have to let all your clients know you're moving to a new domain and build up all your traffic and pagerank and search engine position again - you're far better off to settle whatever the bill is instead of losing the thousands you'll lose if you switch hosts under those circumstances. Once you settle the bill and have your domain name back, switch your domain name to a new provider and find a new host.

Personally I really don't recommend going with the big name bulk hosts if you run a business where an e-commerce site is an integral part of your business. All these unlimited bandwidth promises really don't mean much - it's like unlimited long distance with your phone company which if you read the fine print is really 10,000 minutes per month. Reasonably speaking you'll never exceed it but it's not unlimited. Or perhaps it's unlimited bandwidth in terms of data but your sites download speed is throttled.

That's just my opinion - plenty of people are quite happy with the big names - Godaddy, hostgator, bluehost, dreamhost, lunarpages, etc.
beijinger
Secretary
Secretary

19 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using dream host which is very good and inexpensive too, I have used godaddy once, everything was quite ok, but often hear complains about it.
Mathew Ryan
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't like Godaddy, had a few problem with them so decided to move to Hostgator, witch is INCREDIBLE i host all my websites under one account and everything is unlimited, never down never complaints, and im very surprised about that since i sent way too much traffic daily and they didn't went down, if you don't get dedicated Hostgator is by far the best choice.
PraveenBhalla
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: A Complete Webhosting Solution Reply with quote

Ya... Its nice service. Here also another service provider in India is serving best service to their clients. It have a dedicated team to provide a complete webhosting solutions and domain name registration service to their clients all over India. If you have any quires you can log on to the website to fix your problems there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum