AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ems_mum
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Help needed Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just joind the forum, and I have never joined one before! Hoping for some help and advice. I have just signed to a network marketing company and i'm struggling. I really want this to work, but I am finding it hard to know where's best to market and gain business.

Any advice appreciated! Razz
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you tell us a little more?

What are you doing and what are you struggling with?

Getting traffic? Getting sales? Something else?
Elle1971
Executive
Executive

333 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry... but I think ems_mum needs help in showing me more of that torso on her home page!

Okay... no... not sorry for that. erm...

Honestly, what kind of help are you really looking for?

Elle xx
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK... I took a look at the sigfile this time.

If I'm honest, I see sites like this all the time, all promising great things. If it's so great, then why haven't I heard about it before?

This just screams MLM to me. Sorry to be blunt, but I would avoid "opportunities" like this altogether.

With your site, you're not just selling a product for somebody else, but you're actually selling the "Are you ready to change YOUR financial future?" message on to everybody else. That shouldn't be your job IMO. It also means that "your site" (and I use that term loosely) is nigh on identical to everyone else doing the same thing. Google and the other search engines don't like duplicate content so you're unlikely to ever cut it as far as Web traffic is concerned unless you went down the PPC route (and even then you'd be competing against every other person out there doing the same thing once again).

Anyway... I ran a few searches... have a read of this lot:

http://www.agelessgel.com/
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/523836.html
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/136/ripoff0136879.htm

Before you get too involved in this one, I'd suggest taking a step back and thinking about something else.

Sorry if that seems rather negative.

Paul
Elle1971
Executive
Executive

333 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul - how do I send you a PM on this site? Is it possible? I don't like putting my email address publicly hon.

Elle xx
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You see these graphics at the end of my posts?

You click on the one that says "PM". Wink
Elle1971
Executive
Executive

333 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember what I wanted to ask you now. Must've been the vino.

But thanks for pointing out the blatantly obvious to me. 0/10 for Elle!
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wine
fun2bme
Secretary
Secretary

22 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:

This just screams MLM to me. Sorry to be blunt, but I would avoid "opportunities" like this altogether.

http://www.agelessgel.com/

Please don't paint a broad brush over all MLM's. It's as if you're saying they are all scams. Which is of course untrue. I know nothing about this particular company in question (from first post-er) but I DO know that there are plenty of legit MLM's out there. It's unfortunate the bad ones give the whole industry a bad name (or at least to someone like yourself who perhaps simply chooses to only see the bad). MLM is a business model well respected by many and endorsed by many well known people including Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad, Poor Dad), Jim Rohn (author of many books and motivational type cd's including Building Your Network Marketing Business), Brian Tracy (Magical Marketing, Psychology of Selling, and more) I'm sure there are others but these came to mind.

There are also many well respected MLM companies that are considered legit and some have been around for a hundred years or more like Avon, Mary Kay, FullerBrush, Tupperware.

Some great articles about the industry can be found at: http://www.nmbj.com

As for this first website you list, I have seen this tactic used before. Again I can't speak for this particular company but here you have someone who is going to tell you it's all bad then you sign up for his newsletter and he tries to sell you on his other opportunity. Clever... (not in my book).
john444
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: hear hear Reply with quote

well said fun2beme, im involved in MLM and the three people directly upline to me are all semi retired from it and doing extreamly well. Its the best opportunity out there and certainly get you away from all the doom and gloom people!

John
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its the best opportunity out there

If it were the best opportunity Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Richard Branson and one or two other people would give up what they are doing and move into MLM.

The hype is what keeps most MLM programs alive. You're REQUIRED to hype it - so, well done for taking your happy pill this morning - but you really should explore a few other businesses before reaching the conclusion that MLM is the dog's bollockx. Wink

To the OP: Welcome to the forum and all that ... and, for goodness sake, turn that bloody audio off your site!
john444
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smooth

Why would they give up something that works for them? I have explored many other business and run several 'normal' businesses which involves mixing with miserable people like yourself!

Those that moan on about MLM are normally those that either dont have any vision, or have tried it and quit because they cant follow simple instructions.

Ok, if you have 20k to invest in a franchise that will tie you to work=money for the rest of your life then good luck, or you can start in MLM for no risk and become financially and time free in 3-5 years if you work it, and it does take work.
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why would they give up something that works for them?

In the pursuit of financial success it is prudent to drop lower renumerating activities if it allows you better focus on higher paying ones - other things being equal and all that. If MLM is the "best opportunity" the world's top wealth creators clearly need to drop those idiotic businesses they currently waste their time with and move to this new "best" opportunity. Why dont' they? Because they've got "better" opportunities.

Let's face it: At best, MLM is a reasonable route for those simpletons who can't cut it in the real business world. A small minority of people wouldn't know how to start or run a business, how to keep tricky stuff off the balance sheet (like banks do with Structured Investment Vehicles), or how to fill in their tax return. They may be lovely people but their strengths lie elsewhere. For them MLM may be a way to making a bit more money. Some smarter souls are also attracted to MLMs and these are the ones I feel sorry for as my experience suggests it takes a lot more work to make your fortune in MLM than it does in real business. I hope you're in the latter category and, to steal what is probably an MLM expression, I hope you see the light. Smile
marka111
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is all in the exposure. You will attract a certain person based on how your company's products, marketing, pay, support etc fill a need for them. How your opportunity makes their dreams possible.

Take a look at what it was that caused you to say to yourself, "This is what I have been looking for" what was it that caused you to sign up, spend the money and join this forum and ask questions on how to find yourself all over again. In other words look to see how your desire to better you life can be duplicated in the life of others. You have the answer, really, do some reflection.

And do not worry about the people that are not interested in what you have to offer. Think about the grocery store, does the store manager get upset because you do not buy one of everything every time you go in. No the manager is happy that the store had what you bought and hopes you will come back for more. Same thing with prospects. Define who your targeted prospects are and market to them.

Keep us posted.

Mark Laughing
thanassissis
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth wrote:
Quote:
Its the best opportunity out there

If it were the best opportunity Warren Buffet, Bill Gates, Richard Branson and one or two other people would give up what they are doing and move into MLM.

The hype is what keeps most MLM programs alive. You're REQUIRED to hype it - so, well done for taking your happy pill this morning - but you really should explore a few other businesses before reaching the conclusion that MLM is the dog's bollockx. Wink

You are right. I never liked MLM programs because i fooled, and i have just wasted my time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum