AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to write a quote for a job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dave smith
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: how to write a quote for a job. Reply with quote

Hi, im a small painting&decorating firm i've got a job to give a quote never write one before any idea?to paint bath room a bedroom and corridor.
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Work out how long it will take you to do the job. Multiply the number of hours by your hourly rate, and don't forget to factor in any materials also (eg. cost of paint, turps, etc.).

Note that a quotation is very different to an estimate. As I understand it, an estimate is what you think the job is likely to come to (but it could be subject to change) whereas a quotation is what it's going to cost (full stop).

See http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1073792180 for more

Good luck!

Aaron
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum