AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone used telesales people/companies?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephen
Executive
Executive

120 ants

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Anyone used telesales people/companies? Reply with quote

hi! just wondering whether anyone has any experience of using telesales companies, or people? how developed did existing marketing need to be? what sort of budgets might be appropriate? has it worked well for sme oriented products? etc.

also, i know a few people who have individuals doing telesales for them on a commission only basis - has this worked well/not so well for anyone here?

i'd really appreciate any insights!

steve.
Malcolm
PA
PA

35 ants

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not an answer to your question I'm afraid. Just want to let you know that I like your site and I have linked to you from here http://www.greatstuff.co.uk/Business_to_Business/Employer_Services/17-151-0-404-0.html

Malcolm
stephen
Executive
Executive

120 ants

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 11:04 am    Post subject: thanks! Reply with quote

hey malcom!

thanks for your message. really appreciate your comments and thanks for the link.

best wishes,
steve.
Mauveduh
Executive PA
Executive PA

147 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a broad topic and it really depends on the product and the offer and the target market.

I worked for a software company who employed a full time staff of telesales individuals who worked their territory and developed relationships, sometimes for months or years before sales may develop.

This was a highly specialized and tailorable program with a vertical market. Obviously the cost was high to employ this tactic but the knowlegeable telesales individual could answer their questions on the complexities of the program better than an outsourced company.

I also think it is different when are calling on businesses rather than homes. I hate those calls at dinnertime and have a mental block against buying the product that way. Though it must be successful on some level since it continues. I would also like to hear of any success stories here.

I would think it would be more successful for a limited time promotion or special offer. The more specialized and tailorable the product, the more developed the marketing would need to be.
Cartika
Secretary
Secretary

28 ants

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen,

We have some experience in this area as we target organizations that outsource their inbound and inbound calling (we offer a specific product for them to be able to quantify the results of their outsourcing efforts)

Inbound Sales
- If youre outsourcing your inbound calling - you really need to have an established marketing campaign in place generating consistent calls. Obviously this is geared to companies spending significant dollars on advertising (TV, print, etc..)

Outbound Sales (which seems like something youre more interested in)
- Generally more expensive and more difficult to receive results from. Costs can be high, but paying more does not always equal to greater success - Its all about the people actually making the calls - and sometimes the smallest "call center" providers have the best staff. Unlike inbound calling, success is not determined by marketing effectiveness, but rather - is determined by 1) Sales skills of the resources actually making the call, 2) Your ability to prepare these resources properly, 3) The product they are selling and 4) your ability to accurately quantify their results (on an individual basis)

Hope this helps....
stephen
Executive
Executive

120 ants

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting, thanks!
Corey Bryant
Executive
Executive

217 ants

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the US - telemarketing has pretty much taking a nose dive (thankfully) due to the Do not Call that passed (www.donotcall.gov).

I know myself - I hate being bothered while I am at home working or lounging by someone to tell me about their business. I always think that sales people will say anything just to get my business. That is why I do not think that I would ever consider doing it. If someone wants my services, then they will contact me. I have never liked to be bothered like that.

It could be very different though in the UK or Canada.

Inbound sales calls - yes. Use them, definitely
Cartika
Secretary
Secretary

28 ants

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corey Bryant wrote:
In the US - telemarketing has pretty much taking a nose dive (thankfully) due to the Do not Call that passed (www.donotcall.gov). I know myself - I hate being bothered while I am at home working or lounging by someone to tell me about their business.

I believe this is strictly related to business to consumer calling ie) calling you at home to sell you a product/service - donotcall.gov does not and will not affect business to business calls during normal business hours - in this manner - proper outbound calling is very effective - and is an accepted business practice...

Quote:
I always think that sales people will say anything just to get my business. That is why I do not think that I would ever consider doing it.

The days of saying anything to get a sale are behind us - at least they should be - any company practising this tactic is not running a sustainable business - a proper sales professional sells value and realizes that selling value will ensure 1) customer satisfaction 2) repeat business & 3) referral business

Quote:
If someone wants my services, then they will contact me. I have never liked to be bothered like that.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with proactively calling businesses to determine if your offering can bring value to an organization - most companies are always looking for ways to decrease costs and streamline their processes - if you can help them accomplish this, they are not only willing to speak with you - but thank you for it as well...

Quote:

It could be very different though in the UK or Canada.
Inbound sales calls - yes. Use them, definitely

Unsolicited business to consumer calls (ie calls at home during dinner) is just as unacceptable in Canada (and presumably the UK) as it is in the US.

Inbound calling is great - but it pressumes that you have 1) a large marketing budget and 2) adequate brand recognition to drive those phone calls - For every other company - outbound calling and strategic marketing are the only ways to grow your business and deliver your value statement to your target audience....
Corey Bryant
Executive
Executive

217 ants

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess since I do work from home, it does apply to me. When I did work in an office, and had to take time out to tell a sales rep I was not interested & then have to explain why - that was totally unacceptable. This is the main reason I do not shop in any retail stores. All my purchases are made online now - no hassles with sales people or other customers.

When I want / need something, I rely on friends or my clients to refer business to me. I could never rely on someone calling me out of the blue to tell me their long distance was cheaper. Where is the fine print - there is always fine print in everything. Oh, well if you did want that, you must use this service. That is just me and my personal preference and actually a lot of people that I know. Maybe it is because I am now in Los Angeles California, become jaded & do not trust anyone.

I would never trust a salesperson. I do not think those days will ever be behind us. I still hear horror stories today. Sometimes it is just the person thinks it can happen. I still have clients today e-mail me because someone told them they could do something & it did not happen. People want to get their commission. You are right - it should be behind us but it will never be. People are greedy - especially in the US. The type of car you drive & where you live, that is what defines us Americans.
leadsgene
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outsourcing telemarketing has been one of the options when it comes to lead generation and appointment setting. In this undertaking, it is either you get the best results by partnering with a reliable BPO partner or end up with a good-for-nothing service provider that only runs after your money.

Outsourced telesales is truly a good option, a better one in fact for some in-house campaigns. You just have to pick a reliable outbound call center that has a wide experience, and the expertise cold-calling and prospecting on your industry.

Thanks,
-------------------------------

Fake sig removed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum