AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Offline marketing of websites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aaron
Retired Oil Baron
Retired Oil Baron

4592 ants

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Offline marketing of websites Reply with quote

Do you do any offline marketing for your website?

If so, what have you tried? And what have you found works best?

Aaron
BernardErtl
President
President

11 ants

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a freeware affiliate link encapsulation application that contains a hyperlink to the SEO Help website. Referrer logs indicate that ~80% of all traffic is direct entry. That encompasses folks who have bookmarked the site and folks who are arriving via the freeware hyperlink. I'd say it is working really well!

OK. So it's not entirely off-line, but close enough in spirit I think...
jfslenes
Executive
Executive

193 ants

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 6:54 am    Post subject: Post web site on everything! Reply with quote

I print web site address on everything we print. Also display it on all other ads. Amazes me to see newspaper ads and yellow pages W/O web site displayed.

I've even seen sites on stickers plastered on chair lifts, bathroom walls, etc. I haven't tried those means.
accala
PA
PA

42 ants

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: offline marketing Reply with quote

I am setting up a new online business and firmly believe that to build a successful online brand you must advertise offline.

My business is only a local online guide to the area in which i am based, however every day during two hours at lunch, myself, my partner and 3 promo girls stand in the local high street in printed tops with our domain across and we hand out flyers, we have had a good response from this. Our website doesnt go live until the end of June so at the mo we just have to put, coming soon, but we will continue this once the site has gone live.

Also we are in process of printing up several banners to display in prominent areas of the town, simply red with our domain across them. We are also advertising in local press.

However, for a nationide online brand or international one it will be sooooo much more expensive, perhaps sponsorship of big sporting events or pr stunts may be the best option.

When setting up our business we carried out extensive research on internet brands and found that 80% of the public who use the internet every so often could recall no more than 15 domain names- 13 of these were marketed offline too.... except google which has had huge WOM coverage and on sex & the city.

Most popular domains people mentioned were- lastminute.com, google.com, ask jeeves, easyjet, yahoo and lycos

Hope this has been useful Confused

Plus, latest news and local features posted every day- post your comments on each article! Have your say on www.accala.com
leadsgene
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

you can do offline marketing of websites through mobile marketing or integrate it with cold-calling. While you are stating your sales pitch through SMS or phone call, you may add that the targeted prospects can visit your site for more information.

Thanks
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much gave up on offline a long time ago. I won't say I do none at all but it's pretty negligible.

I'm sure it probably suits many businesses, but it's not a primary interest for us.
planetZest
Executive PA
Executive PA

58 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I have been discussing IF we should spend more time, energy and money marketing offline or concentrate more resources to online advertising.

There is probably a much greater ROI with online advertising, but with offline events or promo days can yield a series of traffic boosts, wether or not most would bounce off would be of interest or would they continue to browse.

I would be interested to find out if offline advertising increases the typical online (1%) conversion rates, any one have any insights here?
Mark Johnson
Executive PA
Executive PA

59 ants

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use QR Codes in your store, products, vehicles, brochures, letters, etc. It's a growing trend and will only be more prevalent as most people's smart phones can now read these. Ask customers to post reviews of your establishment and products on the leading review sites. In my opinion, offline marketing should be complementary to your online efforts.
satti
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use printed cards and also send small gifts like fridge magnets tetc with web address printed on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum