AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working from home feels a bit weird ...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Working from home feels a bit weird ... Reply with quote

I work at the office for half a day plus, but my colleague informed me this morning that the office would be closed today. I still don't know why, but it seems that this is a kind of emergency. So, I've been working from home today, but ..., you know, it feels kind of weird.
Elle1971
Executive
Executive

333 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first started working from home, I struggled a little - as I almost felt erm... part-time, or too relaxed. I've got out of that now of course... but it took a bit of getting used to.

Ell xx
Elisor
Executive PA
Executive PA

49 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I find working from home much more flexible. You can grab a cuppa if you want one, but if you want to check your mails at 11pm you can do that too. I find I work best from around 6:30 am to 11 am, which is great because I do the school run in the afternoon which costs about 2 hours. Couldn't do that working from the office!
Elle1971
Executive
Executive

333 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. At first I thought it was a bad thing... but now love the flexibility.

The only downside for us is that it's all too easy to keep o working, checking emails, doing "stuff", when actually we should be etting a life and switching the PCs off occasionally.

Just to show we can be flexible... we're disappearing off for a sneaky drink at a cracking little Spanish bar we recently discovered. But then you'll find us back at or desks later this evening doing some work again.

Elle xx
trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elle1971 wrote:
...when actually we should be etting a life and switching the PCs off occasionally.

But...but...what you mean switch it off!? The computer is the social life - much cheaper, warmer and you don't get hangovers from computers! Smile

Trev
Elle1971
Executive
Executive

333 ants

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol Trev - actually you have a point there!
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've been working from home day. In fact, I have to be here today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, ideally 24 / 7. I kind of feel like I'm under house arrest.
Ineedcontent
Secretary
Secretary

20 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been working from home for about 12 years, I could never 'go to work' that would be wierd to me, I work longer hours than if I had to go somewhere to work , if someone is emailing me back in a few hours which is say 10 pm here its no problem to pop on the computer and respond you cant do thst if you hsve an office. If you can disapline yourself working from home is far more preductive
RieOrg
Executive
Executive

309 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't imagine working from home I think i'd miss the busy office environment too much, plus my alarm clock would conveniently forget to go off in the morning and i'd accidentally on purpose over sleep. I need that ealry morning journey to motivate me (wake me up) and get me ready for the day!!!
Unity
Secretary
Secretary

21 ants

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find working at home great. It's flexible. Having said that I can be found working at any time between about 6.30am right round to 2.00am. It all depends on what I am doing at the time. When I get the bit between my teeth I find it hard to stop.

However, working on various projects at home should be given a different terminology. I don't feel that it is "work". I enjoy it. Whereas when I went to a job now that was tough.

Oh and I don't need an alarm to get me up any more. It was hard to get out of bed when I had to get to my place of employment. Not any more though. Could be that I don't necessarily need to get dressed before starting on various tasks.

Regards, Unity
desireejordan
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Working At Home Reply with quote

I like working at home because of the flexability.

I used to work at M&M in Cleveland TN up until a few months ago when I had to quit because of my health. I really loved my job, but at the same time I always felt tied down.

Working at home allows me to be free, and I can focus better on getting well. Very Happy
robertg
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: Working from home Reply with quote

I have own a home base business for 20 years of course with my business i'm out in the field most of the day. I just recently started a internet business and i love it. In the beginning i found myself on my computer most of the day. While on the computer you loose track of time and before you know it the the whole day has pass and you are wore out. But all in all i love it
richardbarker
Executive
Executive

276 ants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Working from home Reply with quote

robertg wrote:
While on the computer you loose track of time and before you know it the the whole day has pass and you are wore out. But all in all i love it

Totally agree. I have an office at work and at home. Tend to find I get more done outside of work than in work...less interuptions I guess.
Eugenius
Temp

6 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: working from home Reply with quote

i'm finding working from home similar to working in the office. my back hurts... think i should just erase the work part and eliminate the real problem!!

too bad my business requires off-season work drumming up customers before it really fans out by word of mouth...
www.partycroatia.com offers you the holiday of a lifetime at one of the world’s hottest tourist destinations. A trusting crew takes you to the premier night and day spots and spoils you with the VIP treatment..
amtechem.com
Temp

6 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to work home due to flexibility.I think SOHO is more and more popular.

But i must work office some years,because i am a new worker.I need to study some experience and earn some money first.

Very Happy Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum