AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working from home feels a bit weird ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
millionaire003
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Working from Home Reply with quote

Hi Working From Home Entrepreneurs!

I know that more and more people are working from home. This is partly due to the stress and cost of travel, expensive rents and rates that are forcing business owners to use every inch of the space available to them, and the desire of people to improve their lifestyle by working only the hours they choose to do.

Of course this is causing massive obesity problems as people spend hours sitting at a computer at home. They probably haven't been for a nice, long walk after breakfast and before starting work, and during the day they will not break at regular times for lunch etc.

This lack of exercise and continually looking at a computer screen, will eventually bring on ailments unknown to the Internet entrepreneur. Constipation? Eyestrain? Headaches? Listlessness? Lack of focus? The list goes on.

The thing is that a situation that is being hailed as the 'New Freedom' could turn out to be the curse of modern life. So before you throw in your job and opt to work at home, take three months to set it up so that you can win the game of life.

Prepare a good working space that's light and airy and install all the things you will need to work efficiently. Clear away all the clutter and paint the walls, hang a really motivational picture that catches your eye on the wall opposite your desk. Get yourself a comfortable chair with a high back and a music player. What about a bookshelf for all the files, and a hands free telephone, perhaps even a comfortable chair for when someone comes in to visit you?

Giving yourself 3 months will allow you to place some advertising and do some marketing in advance if you are going to run a business from home. You can also have a chat with people like Business Link and your bank manager, so that you don't start out overwhelmed because of having to do it all in one go!

What I am really saying is that too many people start out with the cart in front of the horse! It is far better to think and plan ahead before making a life changing decision that could be the making or breaking of you.
maakd
Executive PA
Executive PA

68 ants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spend 2 hours in average every day working at home.
My son is hero, he most of the time disturb so i stop my
working.... this is going on 3 years in row..
millionaire003
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 am    Post subject: working from home feels a bit weird Reply with quote

Hi
Please tell me what you do and what you want to achieve? I know many things can get in the way of what you are trying to achieve, but they are just distractions. Don't make mountains out of every molehill. Your son is young and needs your attention. Make time to give it to him or you will find the years roll by and you will wish you had. If this happens you will hate what took the place of the hours you lost with him.

Life is both simple and extremely complicated It just depends on the particular moment you are in! The present very quickly becomes the past. The past becomes our memory and that memory acts as our personal guide to our future. That is why it's so important that you give your child as good a start in life as you can. Make all his memories of you great ones.

You can achieve whatever you really want to. You must believe that above all else. Don't think about how you can do what it is you want to do, just get on with it! Tell your son how excited you are with your project. Ask for his help. Talk to him about it in a light and easy fashion. Children's brains are not wired up like an adult's until they reach the age of around 17.

Anyway, I hope this helps you to begin to understand that you are responsible for yourself. You need to feed your brain with stories of your successes not your failures. Start by counting all your blessings and not adding up all your failures!

Let it out. Talk to this forum. I am sure there are some wonderful people here who will help you overcome what challenges you are facing.
fibriany423
Temp

6 ants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find working at home great. It's flexible
Working at home allows me to be free, without deadline and without under pressure
So I can focus better on getting well Cool Cool
fun2bme
Secretary
Secretary

22 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think working at home is more for people who enjoy their solitude and can be self-motivated. It's not for people who are socialites and have a need to be around others alot.

Best of Success.
Trekka
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to be focused and self-disciplined to work from home. Ideally have a room that you can work from so that you can keep your work life separate from your home life.

Your family and friends also need to understand that just because you are at home doesn't mean you're not working and are free to chat.
John hanry
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: at home business Reply with quote

Thanks for the information.I learned good information about home based business.And i need more info on that.thanks.
sitethatsell
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Free Online Ads Reply with quote

Hi, i have been trying hard to find resurce for me to give me income from home by working online. But so far, there has been nothing coming into my pocket. Can anyone suggest me what I should do?
nic09
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Free Online Ads Reply with quote

sitethatsell wrote:
Hi, i have been trying hard to find resurce for me to give me income from home by working online. But so far, there has been nothing coming into my pocket. Can anyone suggest me what I should do?

Try visiting websites looking for freelancers..you will most probably find a work that you can do at home..
suembroidery
Secretary
Secretary

17 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not well self-disciplined. When working at home, I always waste a lot of time surfing the internet and chatting. I just feel too relaxed.
SteveSJ
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I prefer actually getting, getting ready and going to the office - I like to feel like I'am going to work.
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're working from home it helps to have a support network.

The Teleworkers project has started a free ezine on the subject and it looks like it's shaping up as a good resource and businessknowhow has some good articles, but for those of you who want to work not just from home but FOR YOURSELF, head on over to Richard Parker's awesome guide on buying your own internet business.
thomas425
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working at home can maybe feel a little TOO comfortable. Like maybe even slacking off because nobody's around but yourself and your desk. But I also enjoy just being able to get work done without leaving the house...so it has its pros and cons.
parker
Secretary
Secretary

14 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

working from home can be isolating, especially when you live alone.
but the advantages of working in your home are definitely attractive. it's not a job for everybody though. maybe extraverts won't last a year with this kind of job Very Happy

to be more productive, i think it's important to establish a routine schedule; else, one can end up delaying work because of environment
bossbuild
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just recently started working from home full time, but with ambitions to take things further into an office etc, at first it was a bit weird to get use to, but given time its great because you can get out of the office/home when ya need too.

i would suggest at least finding something outside of work to do which you enjoy and can chill out, could be something that evolves computers, but best to get something active in there in my opinion,.

on another note i would have to say starting up a business from home is rather easy if you have a vision which works in the online community, minimal set up costs, and plenty of place's online to land that first client if you know where to find it!

Phil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum