AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Optimizing an animated gif ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Graphic Design Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Optimizing an animated gif ... Reply with quote

I have an animated gif.

(If you can't see it, please check the link below.)

http://www.cre8iveonline.com/tmzgroup4/images/tmz.gif

I think this looks fine, but there is a minor problem. The website I use this has another animation, and when this site is viewed on a machine that has a small memory and/or a slow processor, this gif animation stops. Obviously, I don't want it to stop. Is there a way to optimize this gif so that, even if there are a few animations being displayed simultaneously, this just animates without any problems.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't that large a file for the amount of animation you have going on within it. I think the only way to dramatically get the file size down would be to do it in Flash but, even as it stands, it's not that big a file at all.
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
This isn't that large a file for the amount of animation you have going on within it. I think the only way to dramatically get the file size down would be to do it in Flash but, even as it stands, it's not that big a file at all.

I don't think that the file size is such a problem. However, maybe there are too many frames? Frame rate is too short? It seems that the computer needs to work hard to display this animation and another one. I'm just wondering if there is a way to get the frame rate right all the time ...
Sunny flowers
Secretary
Secretary

17 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that the computer needs to work hard to display this animation and another one. I'm just wondering if there is a way to get the frame rate right all the time ...

you are right!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Graphic Design Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum