AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VPS/Easyspace

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: VPS/Easyspace Reply with quote

I'm looking into VPS hosting, does anyone have any recommendations? Easyspace are looking promising at the moment, if anyone has any experience of them that would be handy.
trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Easyspace Ltd as part of the iomart group" in tiny writing on the bottom of their web site, so my advice is avoid like the plauge...!!

Possibly the 2nd worst company for hosting around going by experience and all the stuff written about them on the Net. It doesn't say much when part of the company was bought by another bunch of useless whats-its who used to run another "avoid like the plauge" company not all that far from here.

Iomart are basically sales, sales, sales which makes them a lot of money, but they simply grew so fast that they have no idea what they've got. They've tried to bill us for years for domains that moved in 2001 despite repeated contact to say these aren't with you. From what I hear on the inside (from people who've since left), it is basically buy buy buy companies and let the workers figure out what to do with the sites / domains. Total chaos.

From experience we had with Iomart I really could never recommend them.

In case you're wondering who the worst are - they have a 3 character name and it ends in a numnber. Not tried them personally, but had enough problems trying to get stuff transfered and mentioning their name around a bunch of techies is like saying "AOL are good". Smile

Trev
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So on the asumption that they suck Very Happy Who would you recommend?
Easyspace
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Hope you don't mind me registering but we came across this post and thought it worth pointing out a couple of things which are not made clear from Trev's post.

Easyspace are a child company of iomart, as you can see from our website we operate very open and honest pricing policies and you get exactly what you pay for.

Our virtual server offering is now arguably the best on the market in terms of pricing/power offered. You would be hard pushed to find better elsewhere.

To help allay some of the concerns instilled from feedback about our sister companies (of which I have no direct control) I would be happy for you to get in touch with me directly if you had any issues with a Virtual Server from Easyspace. You can email me directly to johnathan@easyspace.com and I'll usually get back to you within 24 hours at the most. Using our other support channels (telephone, email, fax, letter, helpdesk ticket or Live Chat) will usually give you a much faster route if it's urgent!

I understand experiences written about with our sister companies may make the decision difficult - but I am confident that a VPS from Easyspace would be a good decision on your part.

Either way - good luck with your purchase and I hope you are able to find a provider which matches your requirements!

Kind Regards,
Johnathan Williamson
Easyspace Support Manager
johnathan@easyspace.com
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easyspace wrote:
Our virtual server offering is now arguably the best on the market in terms of pricing/power offered. You would be hard pushed to find better elsewhere.

*cough* *splutter*

'Arguably' indeed. Have you seen your clients' comments?

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-8672.html

Of the 37 reviews there, only 6 give you a rating of more than 5 out of 10, and only one of these is in the past year. The vast majority give a zero or one. The average rating is 2.1 out of 10, admittedly fractionally better than your pre-2006 rating of 1.6. Embarassed
Easyspace
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep - and you'll probably notice that I reply on Reviewcentre too. We take feedback from customers very seriously. Most of the improvements to our systems in recent times have been customer driven. We actively seek out valid and constructive criticism/feedback (Case in point - this forum!) and seek to resolve any of the issues highlighted.

If you take a look at other hosting companies in the UK on Reviewcentre (of a similar size to Easyspace) you'll see the results are all fairly similar (Fasthosts Rating 1.2 - 1and1 Rating 0.9 - 123 Reg Rating 1.0). Generally speaking a happy customer is unlikely to post on sites such as Reviewcentre (not saying it doesn't happen of course!).

If any of our customers have serious problems with their service or they are dissatisfied in any way we have in place comprehensive complaint handling procedures to ensure that issues are resolved to the best of our ability.

To the OP - again best of luck in finding a suitable provider for your VPS requirements.

Kind Regards,
Johnathan Williamson
Easyspace Support Manager
johnathan@easyspace.com
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be honoured Paul, got a response here faster than emailing their sales team Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum