AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Review and feed back on new website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moneymaker22
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Review and feed back on new website Reply with quote

I have just finished a new website and am looking for any opinions and feedback on this website. The website is listed in the signature. Please feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.shoppersmania.com
BarbaraKrakow
Secretary
Secretary

26 ants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, the website looks ok - it has not enchanted me and it was not a big "WOW" when I saw it... but it seems to be adjusted to its role. Just assortment seems to be not very big and varied. When I clicked, for example, on basketball section there were not many things on offer. As the user gets redirected to ebay you must be sure that he will not get tempted to look for more there... you must think of something (some benefit) that would keep the user at your site or make him buy a given thing through it.
But anyway, good luck! the site looks really ok - but I think there is still some work to be done.
workfromhome4cash
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks good
Journey
PA
PA

49 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The design looks good except for your google ads.. I think you need to blend them with your site's color scheme....Other than that, the site looks ok...
shaunpecker
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ads dominate your site more.Try rearranging them or changing that black bg color of the ad.It would be nice if you had a header and a logo.Rest looks fine.
judycox
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: who are you and why should I buy from you? Reply with quote

I really liked the balance of color, graphics, etc. in your site design. But there were two things that seriously bothered me. First of all, it is obvious you were targeting keywords "shopper" and "shopping". The keyword saturation was a bit distracting. Perhaps there are other keywords that could supplement your description without being tiresome--depending on your focus, you could emphasize "value", "exclusivity", or "variety" to further refine the "shopping" experience.

Finally, while the site appeared very comprehensive and businesslike, the "personal" touch was lacking. As someone posted elsewhere in this forum, the money is in the relationship.

Example: my husband and I often buy music equipment online. We receive catalogs from half a dozen "stores". But the one we almost always use is the one who has assigned us our "personal" associate--if there's a question or a problem, we can phone or email "Nick".
It makes us feel valued and confident that there is, indeed, a Person in there somewhere.

Letting customers know who YOU are builds confidence--caring about who THEY are builds a lasting relationship...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum