AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I remove Ask Toolbar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Computing Issues Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: How can I remove Ask Toolbar? Reply with quote

I want to remove Ask Toolbar. If I go to Add/Remove Programs and select Ask Toolbar to uninstall it, I get the following message:

"We need to close your Firefox browser windows before uninstalling the Ask Toolbar. Click Yes to close open browser windows and to uninstall the Ask Toolbar."

However, no matter how many times I click on 'Yes', the message box pops up again and again. In the end, I cannot remove Ask Toolbar. How can I remove Ask Toolbar?
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say I've installed it before but I would think either via the browser itself or the add/remove programs option in Windows.

Good to have you back Smile
mariajones
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dear
I read your thread. There are few step so used it.Click the Windows "Start" menu button.Go to "Control Panel"Select "Add/Remove Programs". Scroll down until you find "ask.com toolbar"Click on "Change/Remove."Close any open IE Browser windows or any other browser.

AskToolbar is now uninstalled. Please start web browser again after closing all your open browser windows and it will no longer be present.
sdavies1
Secretary
Secretary

15 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using IE 8 then just disable it with a right click
belde.products
PA
PA

28 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notice that if even you close the browser, it's process may still live (being a zombie process as it's called), this means it has an invalid (or null) entry in the process list, so when the uninstaller checks it, will find the firefox.exe and think is running. The easiest way to solve this is to reboot, as the process list will be cleand. Smile
MariaFrolova
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer "Your Uninstaller" program it even cleans up the registry and removes other related junk to a program you desire to uninstall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Other Computing Issues Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum