AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Redirect myDomain.com to www.myDomain.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
foundThroughAdminSig
President
President

7611 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Redirect myDomain.com to www.myDomain.com Reply with quote

If the user enters from the url myDomain.com, I want redirect the url to www.myDomain.com automatically. How do I do this on Apache? I seem to remember that this can easily be done using .htaccess or adding an entry in httpd.conf, but I cannot recall exactly how.

(By the way, if I do this, then Google will replace myDomain.com with www.myDomain.com, right? As of right now, Google lists myDomain.com, but I want www.myDomain.com to be listed. This is the website in question, FYI.)
skydelsupport
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set redirection using .htaccess. Also you can enable the same using frameforwarding,metaredirection etc.

Put the following code in your index.html to set met redirection to your site, if you wish

<html>
<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=Refresh CONTENT="0; URL=<siteurl>">
</head>
<body>
<p>Our page has moved. If you are not automatically forwarded, please click <a href=<siteurl>>here</a>
</body></html>

If you wish to enable frameforwarding please out the following code in your page

<FRAMESET ROWS="*,0" FRAMEBORDER=0 BORDER=0 FRAMESPACING=0>
<FRAME SRC="<siteurl>" NORESIZE>
</FRAMESET>

Also you can set redirection from your .htaccess file, if you are hosted in linux server
Redirect 301 / <siteurl>/
Windows and Linux with Java support
Hosting starts from $22/yr or Rs.1000:)
india_love
Secretary
Secretary

14 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use can do this via .htaccess file..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Domains & Hosting Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum