AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ways To Make Money Online
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynmek
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Ways To Make Money Online Reply with quote

Hey, finding legitimate ways to earn an income online is an interesting exercise. There's everything out there from "tacky" to "up-market".Really it's a matter of "doing your due diligence".Common sense should instinctively tell you what to stay away from. Whatever you do chose, go small at first.Don't go out there and spend a small fortune to get started - no matter what anyone tells you.There are some really good programs and systems out there with really good instructions.If you follow them, you have a good chance of making a buck or two.
The most important thing about internet marketing is advertising,andthere are a ton of ways to advertise on the net - some are excellent, some are not so hot.
Get yourself into an inexpensive program with top instructions,then just get out there and start doing it - practising and honing your skilss till you cotton on to what it's all about.
It's a HUGE learning curve for a "newbie"
Have fun and all the best.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally speaking, my advice would be to avoid any "programs" or "systems" period. Those words would instantly make it sound like a scam to me, particularly if the provider of them was asking for cash up front.
lynmek
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Systems and Programs Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice,Paul,just my words,but I do stick by what I've said.There's good and bad out there,and many of them,even the good ones,use those very words.I'll try to think of some "new" words !!! Lol! Confused
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, the vast majority of these systems are not good.

You will always find people saying great things about them, though. The reason is simple. If they get you sign up, they earn money (with many of the schemes out there, at least).

Many of the systems out there promise the earth. They sell a dream, not a reality. I noticed your sig... do you really earn $1000 a day with these systems? Call me sceptical, but I would have my doubts.

I took a quick look at your site and the programs you were mentioning. As I said, most of the stuff out there on these programs will say how great they are, but perhaps you'd like to see the other side of the story:

Affiliate Hijack

See http://philmir.com/wordpress/?p=29 - the guy being talked about there is the person behind AH. Make sure you read the comments that follow the blog post - plenty of people there saying what a scam AH is.

Rapid Business Growth

Same person as Affiliate Hijack.

Autopilotprofitsinc

Bill itself as "The Turnkey Money Machine That Prints Non-Stop Profits For You Automatically, The Lazy Way!" and states "Plug this "no-brainer" system in, flip the switch and collect the money. Yes, it IS that easy." Yeah, right... seen it all before. The phrase "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is" springs to mind.

Just some food for thought...
lynmek
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Ways To Make Money Online - And Off!! Reply with quote

Thanks for your further comments, Paul.
Each to his own!
I do note, however, over my years on the internet, that many people who cry "scam" in the internet world are often the same type of people who'll tell you they got "done" in the offline world.And they always feel sorry for themselves and look to apportion the blame to others !
I do have high standards and I don't call other people "guy" just because I don't happen to hold the same viewpoint as that person.
Back in my early days online I, too, spent big money on this and that, but you know what?I learnt at least something from every single one of them.In so far as I myself am concerned, it's all been a great learning curve.
And I guess I'll be working online until my fingers freeze up with arthritis.
All I tell people is - check it out.We all take risks,but we're all adults so it's up to us as individuals to decide what level of risk we're prepared to take.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Ways To Make Money Online - And Off!! Reply with quote

lynmek wrote:
Each to his own!

Indeed. Smile

lynmek wrote:
I do note, however, over my years on the internet, that many people who cry "scam" in the internet world are often the same type of people who'll tell you they got "done" in the offline world.

I've not been "done", online or offline. I just know when I see something that's too good to be true. For me, promises of untold wealth for doing next to nothing fit into that category.

As a fun aside, you might enjoy this: http://www.clickhereyouidiot.com/ (some of the 'techniques' it highlights are common to those used by the schemes mentioned above)

Paul
lynmek
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Ways to make money online Reply with quote

We are having a great time here,Paul
I've never been "done" online or offline either.Hubby and I are highly successful business people - with real hearts, as it so happens! Lol!
You'd love my hubby, Ross's off line business. It really IS a "too good to be true" type business. Something he built up from an idea of his own - he works minimal hours at his own pace, and he makes an absolute fortune.It's the only business of exactly it's kind in our entire country,and lots of people envy him - people who could do exactly the same themselves if they could be bothered.
As for online - yes I do agree with you,believe it or not.
I don't profess to be perfect, or get it right every time, but I'm happy enough to keep at it and DECIDE FOR MYSELF. As others should do.
Cheers for now
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Re: Ways to make money online Reply with quote

lynmek wrote:
You'd love my hubby, Ross's off line business. It really IS a "too good to be true" type business. Something he built up from an idea of his own - he works minimal hours at his own pace, and he makes an absolute fortune.It's the only business of exactly it's kind in our entire country,and lots of people envy him - people who could do exactly the same themselves if they could be bothered.

Care to elaborate on what he does? I would hazard a guess that, whilst he might be earning a nice sum off minimal hours, at some point in the past he has grafted to get where he is now. The fact that you say other people can't be bothered implies that some effort is needed somewhere along the line. I believe there are people out there making a lot of money and yet not doing a lot of work, but I would suggest that many of those people have put in the work at some point in the past.

lynmek wrote:
As for online - yes I do agree with you,believe it or not.
I don't profess to be perfect, or get it right every time, but I'm happy enough to keep at it and DECIDE FOR MYSELF. As others should do.
Cheers for now

Quite. It's up to everyone to decide what works for them. I just feel duty-bound to warn people that these schemes are invariably not as great as they sound (do a search of this forum for 'purple cowboys' and you'll see what I mean Wink). You'll always find a lot of people saying how great they are, simply because they stand to make money from successful leads. I feel pretty sure that with a lot of the MMO programs out there, that it's the originators that are the ones making the real money. Smile

Paul

Last edited by paul on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
lynmek
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: How To Make Money Online Reply with quote

Hi again, Paul!
Ross was given a bomb of an old caravan (trailer in the USA) by a friend who was going to dump it.Hubby's a good handyman and a perfectionist at what he does - he's also 100% self taught. Within a couple of weeks of consistent work he transformed that wreck into a thing of absolute beauty, all road worthy and road legal,beautiful decor inside and out.Within days he'd sold it for a massive profit - that's after he'd calculated a sensible amount for the cost of his labour.When I say massive profit,I mean MASSIVE - like somewhere around 300%.Unheard of in most any business - on or off line! Lol! He works quietly and steadily by himself - it's now 8 years since he started that business.We have seen the world on that business,and I have been able to take my singing talent to all the places we have visited.(Are you in the UK?It's one of the few places we haven't been yet.)He's a clever man,and his business is the only one of it's type in our entire country.He never advertises,and he never renovates a caravan to order.He simply buys,renovates,resells.No stress,and we have a road frontage where he parks the vans that are ready for sale.There were plenty of doom-sayers when he first started,but he's still here,8 years on,with a great reputation for what he does.He doesn't have a big flash leased factory,nor an office,nor a sales lot.Works from home with next door to no overheads.He's also fit and healthy,and takes time out just whenever he likes.He's not a "sit around and do nothing" type person,nor a "I shall retire" type person.
Woooh!! That's enough !!!
I still love my online life !! Lol !! Wink
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well done to him.

I would say that's VERY different to the majority of MMO schemes out there. He is offering a service that people want and that others aren't bothered to compete with. He can therefore name his price and be paid handsomely for his work. Good on him.

Yes, I am in the UK. I am actually in affiliate marketing, working specifically in the travel industry. People book hotels (and other stuff, but mostly hotels) through our websites, and we earn a commission from those bookings. The proper kind of affiliate marketing... Wink not that Affiliate Hijack nonsense Wink that talks about "legally stealing money" (I don't know many places where it's legal to steal!) and where the guy claims earnings of $221, 231.90. Don't know if you looked much at that link I gave but here's an extract:

Quote:
You'll soon see images of cheques showing $9,231.46 earned in 8 days and they'll be like works of (Photoshop) art! Yes, $9,231.46 in 8 days

Impressive? You want in on the secret? No problem. You, too, can make $9321.46 in 8 days.

In fact YOU sounds better than "you". So, YOU too, can make $9321.46 in 8 days.

The amount is specific because specific is believable.

OK, I suppose I've laboured my point enough now... Smile
lynmek
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: How To Make Money Online Reply with quote

Hahaha!!
I guessed you were in the travel/holiday type industry - had a look at your sites.
Most of my online money making has been in MLM companies and I have achieved pretty good success there - even to the point of winning two overseas holidays over the past ten years - one to Brisbane in Australia, and the other to the lovely little Indonesian island of Bali.
The monbey I earned was pretty OK to and I was able to buy my dream car through those earnings - I still have the car 4 years on.
What I'm doing right now is having a bit of a look around at what else is out there as I'm SICK of having to prop up and inspire and motivate down-lines!! Now that really IS tough work !!! Lol !!
I'm not set in concrete ! I'll be continuing to look, too.
Meantime it's pretty neat to be able to chat to people like yourself.
Cheers.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you... likewise. Smile

I suppose if you've made money with this kind of stuff in the past, then it's hard to knock it.

Anyway, here's a handful of existing threads on the board that cover similar issues that you might be interested in getting your teeth into:

Earn 1k everytime you yawn
Advice needed to earn money online!!!!
$20,000 in 20 days challenge
Ways to make money online
Is it just me or...
How Important Is To Get Money Quick From Internet Marketing?
What kind of online jobs are out there?

Regards

Paul
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Lyn

I notice your website just reloads into another "money making" site on another domain now. (I only happened to look because someone else was posting on here recently, with exactly the same webpage as you had, but on another domain - ie. with newbiescashvault, affiliatehijack, etc. so I was just curious to compare the two)

How come?

Paul
lynmek
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul,

A number of reasons, but maybe one of them was that I took your advice??!!

Anyway, I'm finding real value in some of these types of low cost reports. I found this one particularly useful, so I decided to change to promoting this. It won't change. I'm happy with it - and it would appear, from my steady sales figures for it, that other people are interested in lower cost advice as well.

I'm never going to make my fortune with this and that's not my aim with this one.It's all good.

Cheers,
Lynda
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a mixed response from me. On the one hand, I'm pleased to hear that I wasn't wasting my breath.

But on the other, I have to admit to being a little disappointed to see you move from one money-grows-on-trees scheme to another. To me, at least, it looks like just another 'clickhereyouidiot' page.

Anyway, good luck...! Smile

Paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Working from Home Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum