AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What are your choices of freelance sites?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Egan3
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: What are your choices of freelance sites? Reply with quote

My regards to everyone, most of the web designers use freelance sites to post a project and some of us work as freelancers to do some extra money. I have used some of the sites that deal with freelance projects and I have found that is very difficult to get a project. Let me know which one do you use?
Thank you.
johnson.johnson
Secretary
Secretary

21 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re:What are your choices of freelance sites? Reply with quote

I have been working as a freelancer for the past 4 years and have been to most of the sites that have freelance jobs. This is a tough market these days and you have to be at your best to stand in the competition. Recently, I came across a new youhaveaproject.com which has interesting projects to work on. You can find or post a project for free and there is no much competition.

Good Luck!
Smile
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I employ freelance writers on a regular basis and am familiar with a number of the freelance sites. Whenever I advertise a job, I get inundated with proposals (some good, some terrible), but there is absolutely no shortage. it suggests to me that there are too few jobs for too many people.

If I'm honest, I was a freelance web designer, I wouldn't be using these sites to get work. Competition is so fierce... you can be against people who are desparate for work at whatever cost... and you can be up against people from places like India where $200 is an awful lot more to them than it is to someone in the West.

Paul
tjhinn
Secretary
Secretary

19 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrowdSpring is the new IN-site it seems, judging from the publicity they've been getting...

http://www.crowdspring.com/
http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2009/0216/062.html

There are also sites like eLance.com and Guru.com, but what I do like from CrowdSpring is the fact that they actually secure payment from the client ahead of time. If the client gets more than 25 proposals, he has to choose and award the payment! If he simply goes missing, CrowdSpring's panelist chooses a winner and award the designer accordingly. If there is not enough submissions (less then 25 entries), then the client gets his money back. But thats a huge huge difference from other site, and definitely makes encourages me to propose a design!

Please note however, that I haven't been using any of these sites much. I used to do work on eLance, but had some bad experiences that led me to quitting the online freelance work. I have to admit however, that I'm very very intrigued by CrowdSpring's business model, and fully intend to try it out when I manage to get some free time.

Anybody else have any experiences? Any CrowdSpring users over here?

Cheers,

-Nik

*Update: I remember eLance having a subscription fee, which was a major point in me withdrawing from the services eventually. I decided to check and register with CrowdSpring, wanting to compare their price differences. Guess what? CrowdSpring has none! Looking around for hidden costs.. I'll find it somewhere..
TmasterMind
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do consider service providers with these points: quality service and effective cost. Some of the freelance companies do offer wide range of skills and business capabilities but not all of them can ensure best performance and that in what I've experienced in the past, they've really cost that high although I wasn't happy with the relationship I had with the candidates. What an entrepreneur would need are loyal, professional and trained candidates that can work for you in the long term. Also, I wouldn't have to waste a lot of time training them much because these companies should have pre-screened them already.
wholesalers
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't work as freelancer but I think if a person has the ability to work in a professional manner, then freelance is a good opportunity to earn money while sitting in home.
Spiderhousepr
Executive PA
Executive PA

82 ants

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: freelancers Reply with quote

I really like freelancers.net/ I've done a few jobs from them in the past few years, not so much these days as i'm too busy with my own work, I'm aiming on becoming a freelance social netowrk marketer, so i can finally work in a sector Im really enjoying!
AdvertisingGuerrilla
Executive
Executive

156 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also used freelancers.net and we were not amused. Quality of applicants can be very patchy.

As far as a western freelancer is concerned, you have no chance. Unless your employer is positively racist. Money is the driving decision behind most business decisions, espically business's that have taken the decision to hire an unknown entity.

However as an employer it could save you a small fortune, an Indian graphic designer can be hired for less than $10 a day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum