AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi, I have a Travel Site that would love some reviews please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tjhinn
Secretary
Secretary

19 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Hi, I have a Travel Site that would love some reviews please Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've just started a Travel Zine focusing on Traveling in Asia recently. I would love to hear more from you all in regards to what can tweaked/improved, the site is at unearthing-asia.com

Currently, I'm working on several suggestions/tweaks:

1. RSS Feed and Comments RSS. For some reason the two RSS buttons that comes with the Wordpress theme (Revolution) doesn't work on some browsers, mainly on PC with IE. I'll have to do some reading up in regards to RSS and if anybody can point me out to the right direction, would be greatly appreciated. The problem is that when someone using IE on PC clicks on the RSS Feed button, it leads them to the source file of the RSS feed instead of the usual RSS reader page, no idea why.

2. Twitter integration. Finishing up on that, will have a small Follow Us on Twitter page on the sidebar.

3. Graphics addition. I'm still considering this, as I do fear that the site currently is already quite graphic heavy. The suggestion I have had is that the 5 categories at the top (Crossroads of Asia, The Far East, Exotic South East, etc)... they are not graphically attractive enough, and I should jazz them up with some graphics and the likes.

I'm actually very very new to Web Publishing, although I do have a decent experience in Web Design. As such, I welcome any suggestions as well in regards to promoting a site with the aim of achieving a good user-base and a decent Google ranking.

Cheers and thank you much!

-Nik
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nik

I think it looks good!

Couple of things, though...

1. the 'about us' page... it doesn't really tell me about you, who you are or what the company is. That's what I'd expect from an 'about us' page. Instead talks about Asia and goes on to say "we started this blog because..." but I have no idea who "we" is.

I'm not sure what the ultimate goal of the site is but, if it's to sell holidays in any way, then I think this is something you really need to address.

2. on that same page, I get the 'enews and updates' appearing at the bottom of the page, underneath the main content, rather than to the right of it whcih is where I suspect it's meant to be. I'm using IE7, Win XP, 1024x768.

Paul
tjhinn
Secretary
Secretary

19 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the kind words Paul! And for pointing out that blasted error in IE as well! It was a good 30-mins or so just looking out for what went wrong, but yeah.. it didn't show on my Firefox so thanks for that!

In regards to the About Us page, I'll review your suggestions as well and talk to my friend who helped out with the copy-editing. Basically the site doesn't intend to sell anything, we're just wanting to promote Traveling to the region as a whole, and hoping that people would come and visit to be inspired to travel.

I'm hoping to be able to update regularly, at least 3-4 times a week. But right now I'm working hard on promoting the site, and also tweaking the content to make it more "web-friendly".

Any thoughts as well on the content of the site?

Cheers,

-Nik
Paradise
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Nik i'll just say it looks very good for me...
lucky05
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, The site looks pretty decent!
Everything is placed well and not over whelming!
I think you have done a great job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum