AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you test if a business idea work or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnStevenson
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah good one Smile
Do you want to say something ? Smile
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the picture says it all.
JohnStevenson
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh.........
I know it is not etique to discuss it here but at least I am here to share opinions and learn everything that I consider for interesting not to lye.

Nothing personal!
Have a nice day!
Devon Julie
Temp

6 ants

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Perhaps a new way to market teaching Reply with quote

If you want to make this a career, create a product line whereby people can have anything from a short tutorial on a particular area to and audio tool with workbook, to a video with you teaching it, to one-on-one teaching. You'll be able to reach a much larger audience (further afiled than your local neighbourhood...) and also different needs.
Set your goals and make them SMART, have the passion and know your vision. Everything else will fall into place
Good luck with your venture!
Julie Very Happy
visabusinessnetwork
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an earlier question about whether you want to take this business online or not, and I think that's a very important question. An online presence is something you'll want to consider, as you can not only exchange emails with students and parents, you can also post testimonials on a site. And, if you want to take it a step further, you can even use Twitter or Facebook to share helpful resources with your followers/fans (ie. students) that could supplement their school material.
Cathy Duncan
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in my opinion, the best way to test your idea is to conduct a proper market research and check if any similar idea is working or not. Secondly, get to know its stats to gauge its worth. Good luck!
thomas425
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there's probably not a way that you can predict if the business idea will be successful or not. If you run it by some people, and it's not complete shot down....then I would say you have a pretty good chance.

Pretty much, I would ask yourself these things:
1. Is this your passion and do you love doing it?
2. Are you good at it?
3. Is this idea/your work unique and different among competitors?
4. Do you have business in your blood?

And here are some online links that can be useful when evaluating your business idea:
1. http://www.buzzle.com/articles/how-to-know-if-your-business-idea-will-work.html - how to know if your idea will work
2. http://www.entrepreneur.com/startingabusiness/businessideas/evaluatingyouridea/article70518.html - digging deeper into your idea other than just "will it work?"
3. http://www.marketingdegree.net/ - if you have not any formal education, understanding marketing and how to market yourself/business is essential
4. http://bly.com/blog/general/how-to-know-if-your-business-idea-will-fly/ - knowing who you competitors are

Good luck. Anyone can start their own business if they put their heart into it and invest everything they've got and never give up.
KateB
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: How do you test if a business idea work or not? Reply with quote

Yourbusiness wrote:
Hi as I said I am starting my own business. And I would like to know how do I know if a business idea work or not?

before you answer, may be I can give you some of my background.

I was a teacher. I taught mathematics in primary school now the school is getting bankrupt and I need to find a new opportunity.

I have been thinking of starting a private tuition where the targeted group will be Asian family since most of them seem to take education very seriously.

so how do I know if a tuition idea work or not?

Thanks in advance

I think it is a great idea... and has high probability of running well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum