AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is C++ better than Java??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Programming Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
praveen.p
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Is C++ better than Java?? Reply with quote

Actually it depends on the application we are going to use.For development related to OS we use C++ and for designing Web application we use java.what is your opinion guys?

--------------------------------------------------------
lwinstrol
water damage Austin Texas
Clever Little Alex
PA
PA

39 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know a whole lot about Java, and this will probably make a lot of the Java enthusiasts out there raaather angry, but I really think it's a silly language. I never understood why Sun developed Java as a language to work across all platforms, when they could have just come up with a set of standard operating system API functions. It seems like it takes a pretty big performance hit running through an interpreter too.

It must have it's benefits though, right? I don't know them, but I assume there must be some, as a lot of people seem to swear by it...
trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit I've never quite seen the logic of Java as it doesn't really seem to solve any problems - sure you can write something in C++ and have it compile on pretty much any platform out there.

Bytecode that Java uses just seems to add more complexity to the whole operation to be honest. Might be a tad quicker than something that has to be fully interpretted like PHP or BASIC, but by the time you've loaded up the bytecode compiler it seems to just lock everything up.

Lots seem to swear by Java Applets for web sites, but from what I can tell they're just like writing web apps in Java - erm, they never heard of PHP or Perl? Plus don't you need to run an extra layer like Tomcat on the server to make them work?

They're not the only people to reinvent the wheel and make it worse - Microsoft did it with an entire operating system when they had the much more suited OS/2 that could have been used.

Trev
Techboy
Executive PA
Executive PA

59 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> Is C++ better than Java??

For what project/application? Both are intended for different purposes.

Java was originally written for TV's, white goods, etc. because it was written to be a safe language (no buffer overruns, etc.). Plus Java is system independent - i.e. a Java program can run on any operating system as long at that o/s has a Java runtime environment.

C++ is compiled to run at the machine level, which means that it is very fast, but is system specific.
permagic
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: cant contrast Reply with quote

they cant contrast, C++ is good for Low-layer Software design...
Java is better for High Level Design... sorry for my english
Techboy
Executive PA
Executive PA

59 ants

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually what you have said is wrong...

http://www.getmecooking.com/user/paul
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Programming Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum