AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Tips for Starting Your Own Business

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheInspires
Executive PA
Executive PA

55 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: 10 Tips for Starting Your Own Business Reply with quote

Here are 10 tips for starting your own business:

1. figure out what you're interested in as it's best to stick to something you enjoy

2. write down what your skills are and be realistic and kind to yourself

3. look at the gaps and similarities between your skills and interests so you can start to define a learning program - this could mean getting a how to start a small business book in (insert your country), attending some evening college classes - maybe on computer skills, marketing skills etc.

4. start researching the fields you're interested in so you can improve your knowledge of the field and industry.

5. start a blog so you can get some hands on experience in the field - post regularly, tweak and improve to get better traffic, learn some of the technical skills needed for a website.

6. include some advertising on the blog so you can earn some income from the site - feature other businesses in the field of your interest as well as using Google ads and affiliate programs to earn money.

7. you can sell product from the blog as well so if you want to carry stock then that's possible too. Products can be physcial items like clothes that can only be sold once and then another made or bourght, as well as intellectual property that can be made once and sold many times like e-books.

8. be sensible with how you spend your money. If an online offer is in the $1,000's think twice as you'll often be able to learn the same details in a much cheaper way. You need to invest in your education but you need also to make money. Let hype be hype and get on with the real business.

9. figure out how much time a week you want to give to this project and what financial returns you expect from it and when. If you were joining Avon you'd figure out what was the average party sales, the average return to you for the sales, how many orders per week you'd need for the average returns to be worthwhile. Use the same common sense here.

10. a business coach is a great investment to make for yourself and your business. A good business coach will help you focus on what works, avoid common mistakes, help with good contacts, let you clear your thoughts, see the bigger picture and help you do the work that's needed to create the success you want.

I love having my businesses but have come to see that it doesn't suit everyone. Many are better suited to be employees and that's a better life for them. For me I need to have my own business. It's isn't the easiest option but I love it.

Be ready to learn, to be open to ideas, different people, new opportunities and to grow.

Watch out for MLM schemes, expensive courses and offers that are too good to be true.

Consistency in effort makes the most difference over time that doing one big thing so stick to it and you'll make your dreams come true.

What's your tips to someone starting a business?

Advertise in our Women's Magazine online.
arch0101
Secretary
Secretary

25 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning is the first and foremost topic you need to address when you are looking to start your own business
gumihomiho
PA
PA

32 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capital is one of the most important things to be able start a business. Nice idea indeed! It's very helpful tips that can surely bring your business on top.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum