AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website Review

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schaput
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Website Review Reply with quote

Hello All,

I've been designing my site located here, [url]ihatemyroommate.net[/url], for awhile. Yes, i realize its not exactly the right 'season' for the target audience of the website, but i believe if i spend the summer making it all i want it to be, it could be something worthwhile in the fall.
I've never really considered myself an expert in the art of design but i hope that i have stumbled onto something that looks halfway decent.

I'm not sure if i need to require the ads provided by google at this point in time, however, i plan on implementing them sometime in the future, so i figured might as well incorporate them into the design now.

I look forward to hearing your comments and hopefully lots of suggestions!
Thanks a lot in advance!
rushi
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, really nice concept,
something different from others
I didn't find anything wrong,
overall good website,
just 1 thing to note,
when I write 6/7 lines, then the text does not look proper it is appearing like strikethrough.
(i am using chrome)
neonrhythm
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: good idea Reply with quote

hey, thats a good idea and the design is also fine. there are already ads in the site so i guess you have settled with this design

kenny,
charisse090
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your website concept is great, I prefer to do like that too.. You can improve your template for a better revenue.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So many people posting on this thread without doing us the courtesy of introducing themselves first.

Why would anyone want to help someone who doesn't even take the time to say "hello" first"?

As for improving the template, well , how?

Here's a friendly hint. Join up. Introduce yourself. Get to know people. Contribute something useful, interesting or amusing, and people will like you. You'll only get out what you put in.

But since everyone is asking for website reviews, let me ask for recommendations about one of mine.

http://www.dont-be-a-twit.com/
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the point Kay makes about people who ask for reviews but don't bother to say a simple 'hello' first. It comes across as link dumping rather than a genuine request for feedback.

Kay wrote:
But since everyone is asking for website reviews, let me ask for recommendations about one of mine.

http://www.dont-be-a-twit.com/

Laughing

One thing I would say about that site is that I thought all the links at the bottom were AdSense at first, so I completely ignored them. It was only on closer inspection that I realised they were links to posts within the sites and not ads.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, Paul. Maybe I'll get around to fixing it up one of these days. The site was mostly just made as a joke/rant anyway. It's on a basic MFA WordPress template.

It serves its purpose and if people can't tell the difference between internal site links and AdSense it doesn't bother me too much - unless it's Internet savvy people like you who won't click on the links at all. Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Website Review Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum