AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

internet marketing for small business?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markjas009
Secretary
Secretary

12 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:37 am    Post subject: internet marketing for small business? Reply with quote

Does anyone here believe that to have a successful small business, the first move to be made is generate qualified leads? or should I say, implement results-oriented lead generation strategies? I think this is the base point of any online business - huge or small...
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, not really. I would say the first basis is having a product or service that people actually want.
thesarasmile
Secretary
Secretary

21 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or is it a bit of both? How do you know if it's a product people want unless your leads say they'd like it? But I would agree that the idea, service, or product should come first.
amuthanjrv
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Businesses always need assistance, more so small businesses. It is important to form alliances with people who can help you, and whom you can help in return. To succeed in business, you need to possess good networking skills and always be alert to opportunities to expand your contacts.
martynh
Vice President
Vice President

419 ants

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you've got to understand who your target audience is before launching into selling a product / service
if your audience is small or flaky, chances are you won't make the business work
AdvertisingGuerrilla
Executive
Executive

156 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
No, not really. I would say the first basis is having a product or service that people actually want.

Bam. A unique product or service is the key to success.

Understanding your market and gaining lead is a secondary point.

You could be the best marketer in the world but you wont sell ice to an Eskimo.
ramirezhenry55
Secretary
Secretary

6 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is no debate here actually since both are important factors to consider in starting a business online of offline. If you have both, make sure to exert the much needed effort to market the products or services.
rosstyler
Secretary
Secretary

6 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Internet Marketing for Small Business - Targeting the Audience through the Search Engines
As you begin your internet marketing venture, you will realize that you are considering your audience in every step of the way. You choose keywords that are likely to be searched by your target consumers, and you are exchanging links with other sites that your target consumers are using. The thing is, internet marketing for small business has another target in mind: search engines. The most popular search engines include:

Google
Yahoo
Bing
MSN

SEO should play a key part in your internet marketing for small business efforts. You are targeting these search engines as well, seeking to be indexed as much as possible, receiving the highest search engine ranking possible. Why? Mainly because your target consumers get online and choose one of these search engines to search for what they need. They type a few words in the search bar and there is a search engine results page that shows up and you want to be at the top, because 9 times out of 10, your target consumers are choosing between the first 10 sites as the business for their needs.
arch0101
Secretary
Secretary

25 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends,
It is the best option,Internet marketing for small kind of business targeting the peoples through Internet.basically,Internet marketing campaign can have for a small business is well above that of traditional marketing, allowing small businesses to target the most consumers with ease and great management of the venture.generally effective traffic receive to your website through online advertising.
Alison Jones
Executive PA
Executive PA

81 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I develope website, I suppose I should tell you all that online advertising is key to any small business..... however Wink...

I actually think that the key to building a small business is to create lots and lots of contacts and thus build recognition in your local area.

I think there is nothing quite as valuable to a consumer as the personal touch... actually talking to someone, even if they do not want to buy your product. You never know, they might have a friend or contact that would like to purchase from you.

Am I allowed to post this sort of thing quite so early, or shall I go back to the side lines Embarassed
isobel84
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great discussion brewing. I agree with martynh - understanding who your target audience is and what they want is key, then aligning your core message, product or service to match that.
John Bellamy
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: internet marketing Reply with quote

I think that the nature of the business is key is establishing what is the most important ingredient for its success. A company with a direct sales approach may place more emphasis on lead quality as there are more cost implications. For example if a company is appointment making based on leads generated they would want to ensure a better quality lead to minimise wasted travel and maximise sales.
PitchYourCase
PA
PA

32 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First set up your business so it's ready to run, then start using the social networks to promote yourself. Their are many tools online for promotion you just need to look in the right places.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey PitchYourCase

Why not introduce yourself? We welcome new members and it's helpful if you give us a chance to get to know you.

See the forum at the top of the page - the one with red writing asking you to introduce yourself.

Thanks.
PitchYourCase
PA
PA

32 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the welcome, I will introduce myself. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum