AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tutor Led Vs E-learning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gaddon
Executive PA
Executive PA

91 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Tutor Led Vs E-learning Reply with quote

Being in the Technical training business and of one of the old school (was taught electronics when transistors were new fangled ideas and the OHP was revolutionising classrooms) I find tutor led to be more interesting and easier to learn from. However many firms are putting out E-learning packages which although sometimes cheaper (maybe) seem to me to spend a lot of time telling not a lot again and again.
Anyone have a preference? And why?
By the way I also hate 'Death by Powerpoint', I prefer to use demonstrations.
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both have their uses I think. From a knowledge management perspective for instance there are two types of learning, the tacit and explicit. Explicit is done via documentation and formal things such as training courses. Tacit by contrast is informal learning via conversations and actually doing the thing you're learning.

I think that tacit learning happens far more often than explicit learning and can be done virtually just as well as it can be physically.

So I guess what I'm saying is that the explicit kind is probably best done face to face, but the tacit kind often works much better virtually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum