AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contact form
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:44 am    Post subject: Contact form Reply with quote

Hi there

Adding a contact form to a website and want to have a drop down box for Mr. Mrs. Ms. etc.

Are there any statistics on this?

For example, if I include Mr. Mrs. Ms. Miss. Dr. Prof. do I cover 99.9% of what's out there. I know there's everything from Col. to Lord and Lady, etc. but I'm trying to work out what would be sensible... do I simply need a box for 'other'...?

Paul
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should see the possibilities on our site Laughing I think there are around 50 or something silly. Mr, Mrs, Miss would do me.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds a little restrictive. I'm thinking I might just go with:

Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss, Dr, Herr, Monsieur, Hr, Frau, A V M, Admiraal, Admiral, Air Cdre, Air Commodore, Air Marshal, Air Vice Marshal, Alderman, Alhaji, Ambassador, Baron, Baroness, Brig, Brig Gen, Brig General, Brigadier, Brigadier General, Brother, Canon, Capt, Captain, Cardinal, Cdr, Chief, Cik, Cmdr, Col, Col Dr, Colonel, Commandant, Commander, Commissioner, Commodore, Comte, Comtessa, Congressman, Conseiller, Consul, Conte, Contessa, Corporal, Councillor, Count, Countess, Crown Prince, Crown Princess, Dame, Datin, Dato, Datuk, Datuk Seri, Deacon, Deaconess, Dean, Dhr, Dipl Ing, Doctor, Dott, Dott sa, Dr, Dr Ing, Dra, Drs, Embajador, Embajadora, En, Encik, Eng, Eur Ing, Exma Sra, Exmo Sr, F O, Father, First Lieutient, First Officer, Flt Lieut, Flying Officer, Fr, Frau, Fraulein, Fru, Gen, Generaal, General, Governor, Graaf, Gravin, Group Captain, Grp Capt, H E Dr, H H, H M, H R H, Hajah, Haji, Hajim, Her Highness, Her Majesty, Herr, High Chief, His Highness, His Holiness, His Majesty, Hon, Hr, Hra, Ing, Ir, Jonkheer, Judge, Justice, Khun Ying, Kolonel, Lady, Lcda, Lic, Lieut, Lieut Cdr, Lieut Col, Lieut Gen, Lord, M, M L, M R, Madame, Mademoiselle, Maj Gen, Major, Master, Mevrouw, Miss, Mlle, Mme, Monsieur, Monsignor, Mr, Mrs, Ms, Mstr, Nti, Pastor, President, Prince, Princess, Princesse, Prinses, Prof, Prof Dr, Prof Sir, Professor, Puan, Puan Sri, Rabbi, Rear Admiral, Rev, Rev Canon, Rev Dr, Rev Mother, Reverend, Rva, Senator, Sergeant, Sheikh, Sheikha, Sig, Sig na, Sig ra, Sir, Sister, Sqn Ldr, Sr, Sr D, Sra, Srta, Sultan, Tan Sri, Tan Sri Dato, Tengku, Teuku, Than Puying, The Hon Dr, The Hon Justice, T, The Hon Miss, The Hon Mr, The Hon Mrs, The Hon Ms, The Hon Sir, The Very Rev, Toh Puan, Tun, Vice Admiral, Viscount, Viscountess, Wg Cdr.

Wink
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul wrote:
That sounds a little restrictive. I'm thinking I might just go with:

Mr, Mrs, Ms, Miss, Dr, Herr, Monsieur, Hr, Frau, A V M, Admiraal, Admiral, Air Cdre, Air Commodore, Air Marshal, Air Vice Marshal, Alderman, Alhaji, Ambassador, Baron, Baroness, Brig, Brig Gen, Brig General, Brigadier, Brigadier General, Brother, Canon, Capt, Captain, Cardinal, Cdr, Chief, Cik, Cmdr, Col, Col Dr, Colonel, Commandant, Commander, Commissioner, Commodore, Comte, Comtessa, Congressman, Conseiller, Consul, Conte, Contessa, Corporal, Councillor, Count, Countess, Crown Prince, Crown Princess, Dame, Datin, Dato, Datuk, Datuk Seri, Deacon, Deaconess, Dean, Dhr, Dipl Ing, Doctor, Dott, Dott sa, Dr, Dr Ing, Dra, Drs, Embajador, Embajadora, En, Encik, Eng, Eur Ing, Exma Sra, Exmo Sr, F O, Father, First Lieutient, First Officer, Flt Lieut, Flying Officer, Fr, Frau, Fraulein, Fru, Gen, Generaal, General, Governor, Graaf, Gravin, Group Captain, Grp Capt, H E Dr, H H, H M, H R H, Hajah, Haji, Hajim, Her Highness, Her Majesty, Herr, High Chief, His Highness, His Holiness, His Majesty, Hon, Hr, Hra, Ing, Ir, Jonkheer, Judge, Justice, Khun Ying, Kolonel, Lady, Lcda, Lic, Lieut, Lieut Cdr, Lieut Col, Lieut Gen, Lord, M, M L, M R, Madame, Mademoiselle, Maj Gen, Major, Master, Mevrouw, Miss, Mlle, Mme, Monsieur, Monsignor, Mr, Mrs, Ms, Mstr, Nti, Pastor, President, Prince, Princess, Princesse, Prinses, Prof, Prof Dr, Prof Sir, Professor, Puan, Puan Sri, Rabbi, Rear Admiral, Rev, Rev Canon, Rev Dr, Rev Mother, Reverend, Rva, Senator, Sergeant, Sheikh, Sheikha, Sig, Sig na, Sig ra, Sir, Sister, Sqn Ldr, Sr, Sr D, Sra, Srta, Sultan, Tan Sri, Tan Sri Dato, Tengku, Teuku, Than Puying, The Hon Dr, The Hon Justice, T, The Hon Miss, The Hon Mr, The Hon Mrs, The Hon Ms, The Hon Sir, The Very Rev, Toh Puan, Tun, Vice Admiral, Viscount, Viscountess, Wg Cdr.

Wink

Dunno about you but we get lots of that calibre visitors Laughing
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed they missed "Prime Minister" off the list. Smile
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let any old riff raff in Laughing
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

I would include the five most common plus "other".

PhilB might be your man for the stats.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm inclined to agree although I would say there's a "6 most common".

Mr.
Mrs.
Ms.
Miss.
Dr.
Rev.

Would you agree with that?
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, those are pretty much exactly what I had in mind.

It does seem awfully silly, though, to have three options to ascertain a woman's marital status. But I think you have to offer it at least until society catches up with the Mr or Ms idea.
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want to know is what would one of your Thai snow'men' refer to themselves as Kay? Laughing
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khun is the honorific title for both male and female (and anything else) in Thailand.

BTW, I'm shocked that you have mentioned such a thing on here after you nearly banned me from your place for what I'd thought was an innocent comment. Laughing
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they come up with that uniform title because of the, erm, circumstances or has it always been that way?
trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be picky - there is no title "Prime Minister" as there is technically no such job - at least nothing written into parliamentary law (or Magna Carta). Usually you'd be the First Lord of the Treasury which is a ministerial position although marginally better paid.

This only of course applies to the UK.

Trev
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Trev... so that might account for the UK, but what about the rest? Very Happy

From Wikipedia:

Quote:
The post of prime minister may be encountered both in constitutional monarchies (such as Belgium, Denmark, Japan, The Netherlands, Norway, Malaysia, Spain,[2] Sweden, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United Kingdom), and in republics in which the head of state is an elected official (such as Finland, France, Germany, Greece, India, Italy, Ireland, Portugal, Montenegro, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania, Serbia, Turkey) or an unelected official (such as Singapore before 1993) with varying degrees of real power.

trev
President
President

4037 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But in all but Canada, Australia and New Zealand they wouldn't be called "Prime Minister" although I don't know what that would translate into in French for example. Smile

Now if you really wanna do this properly, the whole form should be in 127 different languages....and ideally another several 1000 dialects.

Trev
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum