AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Manufacture private labeled supplements for anti-aging

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carol Taylor
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:10 am    Post subject: Manufacture private labeled supplements for anti-aging Reply with quote

I have retired early from a very active life traveled a lot on business. I just can't seem to wind down to retired life! I would like to invest in starting a small business of my own. I've studied market statistics and believe there's still room for a quality line of nutritional, natural supplements specifically targeted to anti-aging. Things like memory supplements, anti-aging creams, antioxidants, specialty formulas for the elderly, maybe even energy drinks. While I am excited I know that it is extremely important for me to choose the right supplement manufacturer. Would appreciate any suggestions any of you guys can give me. Has anyone had any experience with or can anyone recommend a quality private label manufacturer?
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carol

You are more likely to get help from the people on here if you have the courtesy to introduce yourself properly (where it says at the top in red font to introduce yourself before posting anywhere).

Your first posting absolutely smacks of the Q part of the old Q&A trick that some people try to pull on various fora. Be careful, the site admins on here are alert and vigilant and a darned sight smarter than anyone who tries to spam.

How do you propose to market these amazing health products? I am over 500 years old and have never needed such things. (Can explain if anyone wants me to.)
Carol Taylor
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kay. Thanks for your advice. I have been representing a cosmetics company which has a global network. Its good to know that you dont feel the need for any nutritional supplements, but market surveys prove that there are quite a lot of people out there who are interested in supplements that have scientific backing - like fish oil supplements. I have read that there is a growing public awareness of specific health issues that certain nutrients can help, like omega 3 fatty acids. But anyways not here to defend my interest - I'm just hoping for some help in starting my business....thanks.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with growing old gracefully?

Kay... I think you need to explain. Scratch
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, Carol, have you got any news for us? Have you finally found the right supplement manufacturer? Got a link?
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd forgotten about this thread - no short term memory at my age. OK, if you really want an explanation - I was born in 19xx in Scotland and it's currently 2553 where I am now. Either you can believe that I'm a Time Traveller or just remember that not every country uses the Gregorian calendar. Twisted Evil
Smooth
Executive
Executive

204 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Thai food.

Shame about their calendar.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhh... I see. Good job you get Thai food over here then, Smooth...? I love it too, although I'm sure we're probably just getting a westernized version of it all.
AdvertisingGuerrilla
Executive
Executive

156 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Manufacture private labeled supplements for anti-aging Reply with quote

Carol Taylor wrote:
I have retired early from a very active life traveled a lot on business. I just can't seem to wind down to retired life! I would like to invest in starting a small business of my own. I've studied market statistics and believe there's still room for a quality line of nutritional, natural supplements specifically targeted to anti-aging. Things like memory supplements, anti-aging creams, antioxidants, specialty formulas for the elderly, maybe even energy drinks. While I am excited I know that it is extremely important for me to choose the right supplement manufacturer. Would appreciate any suggestions any of you guys can give me. Has anyone had any experience with or can anyone recommend a quality private label manufacturer?

Hello Carol,
I am new here, but I am not new to business. I used to run a UK supplements company, mainly sports based. The industry you are entering naively is controlled by huge conglomerates, drugs companies and multinational food producers.

The profit margins on the wholesale to the retail is considerable, however raw materials is not the main cost for these kind of products, marketing is. So unless you have a multi million pound advertising budget I would recommend you find another niche.
Kent Porter
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the online retail market growing rapidly, there's a good scope for the kind of supplements you are thinking of manufacturing. I would suggest you hire a knowledgeable formulator to create the specific products you want to manufacture, or contact a private label manufacturer who can make the job easy for you. With a private label manufacturer, all you need to do is focus on marketing your products.
Carol Taylor
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. I have my own avenues to market my products. I want to start small and build gradually. I believe the market is open for entrepreneurs like me. I know its important for me to find high-quality high quality supplements that work. That's my goal. Kent - have you worked with any quality private label supplement manufacturer?
newbie2010
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good idea. But do you have also develop any website for your business?
Kent Porter
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worked with several private label supplement manufacturers. Through experience I have learned that consistency of quality and delivery schedules are non-negotiable points. It is always better to go with a GMP-certified manufacturer to ensure quality consistency, time delivery and just a smoother manufacturing experience. Since you are new to this business, you might want to find a supplement manufacturer with service options that include label design and packaging. I have recently started working with Vitacap Labs. So far I've found them great to work with and I have had no hassles with delivery schedules or quality. You may want to check them out, along with other manufacturers.
Cathy Duncan
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahan, it is good but dont you think that supplements can damage your health in the long run? What about fruits and stuff carrying vitamin E, as it is an anti-aging agent?
Carol Taylor
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Kent for your suggestion. I have done some research myself on a few private label manufacturers. Some just manufacture the products that leaves me with having to find someone else to do the logo, label design, packaging, storage, etc. Vitacap Labs sounds like a good option since they offer all these services under one roof. And they work within a GMP-certified facility which is what Im looking for.

Cathy- no, supplements dont harm your health in the long run. Take for instance, fish oil supplements. The American Heart Association advises even healthy people to include more fatty fish in their diet to support heart health. This is not easy for everyone. But taking a fish oil supplement can provide you with the necessary omega-3 fatty acids (found in fatty fish) to help support heart health. There are other nutrients, botanicals and herbs that have reams of research data that indicate their efficacy and safety for supporting health and specific health conditions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum