AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Franchises - for those who can't?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, thanks. I did wonder if Subway was an international chain but I wasn't sure (and didn't bother to research). Dave and I once went into a Subway in Bangkok and there were so many flies in the place, all over the food and everything. It really turned my stomach. Of course, I am very, very freaky about flies.

Obviously we left without buying anything after seeing the flies. And we have never been in a Subway since. You know the word association game that people play sometimes? If you said "Subway" to me I would immediately reply "flies". Laughing

Now there's a big disadvantage of franchises. Your establishment might be perfectly clean and beautifully run, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole because the last one I saw with the same name had flies in it. You all get tarred with the same brush - good or bad.

With your skills and experience, I think you could sell your labour - if that's what you want to do - and provide services to a business, whether it's a franchise or not. But I just don't think you'd be happy as a partner in such a business. I get the feeling that you'd be carrying the load. You'll be much better off doing your own thing with your own business.

It's nice to be an entrepreneur and that's certainly what I aspire to. However, you can't always make money while you sleep (ain't the Internet great?) so we have a couple of sidelines too - the main one is proofreading for post-doctoral research pieces written by non-native English speaking academics. (I mean my company does that - not me!)
martynh
Vice President
Vice President

419 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the deal is this

I'll gather my clients, do the initial & monthly review with them (like a project manager) then use this resource to do the "grunt work". This resource also services the existing franchisees. I'm primarily interested in online marketing solutions.
http://www.themarketingsystem.co.uk/

More interestingly, they're using the TMS resource to service vertical niches
Create the process once then repeat over & over.
Paul has done this in the hospitality sector already.

I'd already identified one particular vertical as a goldmine. Can't say any more yet but working with these guys to set up the vertical and launch it then get a cut every time the solution is sold by a franchisee. Easy work & nice potential residual income

Martyn Very Happy
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as though you know what you're doing and have found a good niche, so good luck with it.

I liked the diagram in the link you gave, although I found it a bit scary - in the sense of gee, do we really have to do all that? And, yes, we do have to do all that to run a successful Internet business.

I would have liked the diagram even better if it had clickable links. It would have made it more interactive, and I've probably have played with it for ages rather than just looking at it and thinking "nice diagram".

Just a thought...
martynh
Vice President
Vice President

419 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site is work in progress - I think in time each section will have a clickable link
It's a nice diagram - I can see me presenting it to potential clients

I'm currently populating my website with content
I'll put it here in a day or two to get all your thoughts on it
(which is why I've not sig at the moment)

Martyn Very Happy
caryrobert
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Franchise Reply with quote

Hi,

Franchise business is a successful business this time because it need only less amount to invest and gave more profits it gives you brand name of that company,support of the company,training how to deal with client and last is it gives our product and services to you.
Today's days cleaning business is most famous business that's doesn't require prior experience and everyone needs cleaning whether it is your carpet or upholstery.

Thanks!
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Franchise Reply with quote

caryrobert wrote:
Franchise business is a successful business this time because it need only less amount to invest and gave more profits...!

Not necessarily true. It can be very expensive to invest in franchises sometimes and can hamper your profits. I know someone who ran a Prontaprint franchise for more than 10 years. Eventually he broke away and became an independent printer, and hasn't looked back since.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum