AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Women entrepreneurs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheHeroinesHandbag
Vice President
Vice President

398 ants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree that both are linked.

Yes I want to have more control over my life, be more fulfilled by my daily work and be part of something that works for me on a moral and ethical level...however you do need money to pay the rent and a nice healthy profit to keep up the standard of living is a good thing too.

Perhaps the difference is that women want to control and substain their lives and aren't just after endless reems of cash. I dunno. I would be happy if my business made my current salary or a bit more.
cindysoh
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree... for me, its more for a self-actualisation kind of fulfilment...
Money, either we can get guys who have it... to be our man permanently... ha...
or we can simple earn it as a salaried-employee... this is a more stable thingy anyway... :)
Julie Grace
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Women in Business Reply with quote

I think that women are the best networkers due to their ability to focus on relatonships rather than dollars. It is a slower approach, however, it is also long lasting.

I have learned to take notes from men in my field as well. You can go broke focusing on the relationships and also need to drive sales. Focusing on Money alone or Relationships alone is not balanced.

When you put both of these talents together, it creates an irresitable force.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
catherine
PA
PA

25 ants

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends upon the person. Having control is one of the things I like best, but I also want to make shedloads of money.
SheInspires
Executive PA
Executive PA

55 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all need money, the amount varies and the motivation varies.

I've a friend who comes from very little money - not enough money - and she's very motivated about making heaps of money. If I didn't know what was motivating her I'd say she was greedy but it's about security for her.

Another friend comes from family money but they lost it in later years. She has dreadful attitudes to money and is in enormous debit and thinks it will just come to her to solve the problems.

Both have their own businesses, one's very successful and the other's isn't.

As for me, I've always enjoyed money, I love having it but I grew up safe and secure in middle class so while I respect I'm not scared of being without it.

For me, getting my own business was about living a full life, not just being an employee subject to the whims of management - who does make mistakes.

If I'm to have mistakes in my life that I pay for I'd rather they be mine. I'm happy to take responsibility for my life.

I think many men think their person self-value is directly linked to their financial value. Women don't seem to have such a direct connection. So I think men are more after the big bucks. Women are more after the satisfaction - as long as they're financially free.

Advertise in our Women's Magazine online.
AboveParr
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest motivation is choosing who I work with - I've spent years being polite to people who don't deserve it, now I can just politely turn them away...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Women in Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum