AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

“Don’t Settle” by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
businessmastery
Temp

7 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: “Don’t Settle” by Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Reply with quote

Steve Jobs (CEO Apple and Pixar Animation) delivers his Stanford Commencement Speech 2005 to the graduates of Stanford University. He tells three stories from his life: connecting the dots, love and loss and death!

Extract: ”Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick.

Don’t lose faith.

I’m convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did. You’ve got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for your lovers.

Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking.
Don’t settle.

As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on.

So keep looking until you find it. Don’t settle.”
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any particular reason why you've posted extracts from a speech made five years ago? Did you have a point to make?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum