AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Easiest and hardest ways to make money online?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Accountancy & Finance Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Easiest and hardest ways to make money online? Reply with quote

I don't believe in any of the get rich quick rubbish but it is possible to make a living online. Some ways are tougher than others to make money.

In my experience running a forum is the hardest way to make money. It takes a lot of time and effort for not much reward.

On the other hand optimising a site for AdSense can bring good results for considerably less effort.

What has your experience been?
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree re: get rich quick and forums.

Personally, I've found that it's not too difficult to cash in the short term - for example, you could just design a website for someone.

However, I am much more interested in going for a longer term strategy of generating recurring revenue. This tends to be much harder at first, I think, but can ultimately bring more substantial rewards.

Paul
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short term cash tends to involve selling your labour according to your skills.

I agree about going for the longer term but then you also have to watch out that your business doesn't become a job. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Also, you need to have the "right" strategy, and what that is exactly I'm still trying to figure out. All I know is that I've been doing a heck of a lot of things in the wrong way.
Bonner01
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Making money online requires hard work, a good business model and a lot of marketing put into your online idea and you also need to keep in mind that marketing and advertising are two separate things.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? That's a great insight from a cut n paste person in India.

Tsk. You will have to do better than this if you don't want to be banned.

Why not post something interesting? Your copy n paste stuff doesn't fool us.
Bill Ryan
Executive PA
Executive PA

67 ants

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure it is that different to any business in principle save you do not normally need any personal interaction with a prospect.

Done properly all the work in getting it right is done in advance to get a sale or click throughs.
highlandspring
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Forums Reply with quote

Well I don't think many forum owners are in it for the money - its more an interest type of activity maybe you can cover your webhosting / domain fees etc.

Adsense is a good model for revenue generation but if you main aim is to generate income rather than offer valuable information then you can easily come a cropper - as many webmasters are finding out at the moment following Google's recent Panda update.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well I don't think many forum owners are in it for the money - its more an interest type of activity...

Where is your evidence for this, please?

The major competitor of my biggest forum (not currently in my sig) is owned by a huge American corporation.

The business forum where I used to hang out on before I discovered Aardvark is now owned by a major British media company.

There are many forums that are owned by seriously big businesses. And they're in it for the money.

Yes, it's true that there are many hobbyists, but it's just naive to say that forum owners aren't in it for the money.

Quote:
Adsense is a good model for revenue generation but if you main aim is to generate income rather than offer valuable information then you can easily come a cropper - as many webmasters are finding out at the moment following Google's recent Panda update.

Would you care to elaborate on that? Have you had any success with AdSense. Did any of your sites get Pandalized? (One of ours took a nasty hit.)

I'm really curious to know what you're basing your opinions on.
buswannabe
Secretary
Secretary

6 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am interested in Adsense as well. My fiance is in a brick and mortar business. However, can you really make money using Adsense links on your websites if they get hits?
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can make money from AdSense. How much will depend on how much traffic you get and how much emphasis you place on it (as well as other factors). Bear in mind that AdSense isn't necessarily the best source of revenue... there may be better alternatives out there, depending on what niche you are in.
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can definitely make money with AdSense. It accounts for such a large proportion of our total income that I'm desperately trying to diversify by doing more Affiliate Marketing, but I'm not having much success with that.

There are pros and cons about earning with AS - it's easy to set up on your site or blog. The trouble is that Google is very strict about their rules and they're always moving the goalposts. So, if they do something like Panda, you could find that your AS income halved overnight.

Unfortunately, Panda wiped out many good quality sites as well as removing the dross. I think they're tweaking it to address that problem, but it was still a hard hit for many people.
SFOasia
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely there are many rubbish information on the web regarding the term ' earn money online '.Adsense is very helpful tool form the google to promote any product and can bring handy revenue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Accountancy & Finance Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum