AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Business Strategies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adrika12
Secretary
Secretary

24 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: New Business Strategies Reply with quote

If you are unsure of how to write a business strategy or what types of business strategy are right for your business, try this as a simple exercise: take a piece paper and at the bottom, write a brief account of where the business is now
Cathy Duncan
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, adrika12, perhaps, you’re right but we’re now good at drafting strategies for our businesses. Initially, we really faced loads of hurdles in our way but by the time, we learnt everything. Thanks for the post dude!
adrika12
Secretary
Secretary

24 ants

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cathy! if you have any new strategy then please share with us. We are waiting your reply. We want to server the people through our business strategies. your contribution help us too achieve our goals.
Cathy Duncan
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliment Adrika. There are just few points that must be properly defined into a business strategy, which I think are the essentials of it. Few among them are the definitions of your aims and goals, target setting (always set targets, which are achievable), marketing of your business (must conduct audience research including their demographics and psychographics), formulation of advertising plan (which media to extensively promote your business with), proper and regular SEM using extensive SEO tactics and a lot more other things. One more thing that is of great importance, is to properly execute your strategic business plan, which is always done by considering suitable situation and environment. I hope this’ll help you guys formulating a perfect business strategy. Good luck to you all and please give me your feedback and share your knowledge about the same. It’ll be highly appreciated.
smith360
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: New Business Strategies Reply with quote

adrika12 wrote:
If you are unsure of how to write a business strategy or what types of business strategy are right for your business, try this as a simple exercise: take a piece paper and at the bottom, write a brief account of where the business is now

Good strategy will make you in the top of the market. But not even bothering changing anything or not coping up in new business strategies, competitors will surely taking the market. Don't let your business left behind.
bscsoftware
Secretary
Secretary

8 ants

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Strategic Planning Reply with quote

Drs. Kaplan and Norton, creators of the Balanced Scorecard methodology, advise organizing your strategy around 4 broad categories -

Profits / Finances
Customers Satisfaction / Community Impact
Internal Business Processes
Learning and Growth / Culture and Capacity

The terminology may differ if you are a nonprofit vs. a for-profit organization, but these broad categories have helped countless organizations balance their efforts and investments for optimal success.
searchsouth
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can ever be too busy to actually sit down and write a full business strategy.

It's vital for any business. Without it, how do you really know where you're heading? How can you measure if you're on course?

There's a tendency to think of strategy writing as being boring. Maybe it is to some, but it's a big mistake to avoid doing it I would say.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...but why's it so essential to write it down?

Why can't your strategy be something that's in your head?

I have a strategy for my business. It changes from time to time, but it's generally not written down.
searchsouth
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that whether or not to write it down depends on how detailed the strategy is.

It may also depend upon how complicated you view your business as being and possibly about your mindset (and memory?!)

Personally, I have a shocking memory, so a written document that I can refer back to works well for me. I appreciate that it may not be the best approach for all.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... if you take my holiday rental business... the plan is very simple...

To offer high standards of holiday accommodation, cleanliness and service to people visiting the town where our property is located.

To let the property year-round as much as I possibly can (this year I should achieve close to 90% occupancy).

And with time, to add more properties to our offering.

There... I've written it down now... but I don't think I really needed to. It was all already somewhere in my head...
searchsouth
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if that works for you, then I'd suggest that it's perfect!
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. As we were then. Wink Smile
mojito8
Secretary
Secretary

15 ants

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good idea Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Small Businesses Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum