AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

28% will quit their job due to a bad manager

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Business Management Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adigaskell
President
President

7099 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: 28% will quit their job due to a bad manager Reply with quote

Workers are quitting their jobs and even switching chosen careers because they’re fed-up with their boss.

A survey found 28 per cent of workers have moved work in an attempt to find someone who can motivate them more.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1340412/Fed-boss-Youre-28-quit-job-bad-management.html#ixzz18kKwQlD5
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite it being on the Daily Heil, this bit interested me:

Quote:
Asked what they thought were the qualities of a good manager, the top credentials were: Approachability (83 per cent), a good communicator (82 per cent), supportive (81 per cent), a good leader (80 per cent) and someone who respects their staff as individuals (76 per cent).

This could be useful advice for any manager to take on board.

The thing is, though, that not everyone can afford to leave their jobs just because they have a bad manager. Perhaps it takes a certain personality type to tell them where to stick their job before going their own way,

As usual, I think the Daily Heil is only giving a very limited view of the whole story.
MrManager
Secretary
Secretary

9 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is some great advice. Leave it to the employees to tell you how to be a good manager. I always try to be available to everyone but there always seems to be those one or two people who seem fated not to get along with you. Though, I have quit a job before because I could not stand my boss. I think approachability and level-headedness are the 2 most valuable traits to have as a manager.

Last edited by MrManager on Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree to some extent, Mr Manager, but I also think that the boss should know what they're doing.

I hate having a boss who's not as smart as me (don't laugh, it's happened, even though people may think I'm not so clever sometimes).

One boss I had drove me so crazy that I resigned - in writing. Senior management called me in to ask why. I told them. They told me that x was my boss and I should do what I was told. I told them that I wouldn't do stupid stuff and would rather resign. (It was all about accountancy so you you can imagine how exciting that was. Twisted Evil ) The result was that the boss got sent on a "training course" for several months and I got left to steer the project through to fruition.

And, by the way, I did get a pay rise - about 50%. Cool
andykeating
Executive PA
Executive PA

53 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow Kay you had shared a wonderful experience of yours.. njoyed reading it..
When we are at initial levels we need to have patience as we need to gain experience to find out some other good jobs.. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Business Management Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum