AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best programing language?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Programming Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zachariah
Temp

8 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:18 pm    Post subject: Best programing language? Reply with quote

Hello guys.....!
I am new here...Please inform me what is the best programming language in the market for web development....? Your suggestions will be highly appreciated...Thanks in advance...!
Chris-Flexsolve Marketing
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no "best" programming language for any platform, it depends what you want to achieve.
At the "client" end of the Internet, within a browser, you need to speak fluent JavaScript. You may need Java, or Flash.

At the server end, your options are almost limitless. You can go with a "pure" language like the .net technologies from Microsoft, or the Open languages like PHP, or choose to develop within a framework that protects you more from the technology - ruby on rails, or cold fusion maybe.

We use JavaScript on the browser and our servers are LAMP - Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.

I love the Open Source movement and steer clear of proprietary technology if I can.

For a straight business website, we use WordPress.
Good Luck!
Chris
planetZest
Executive PA
Executive PA

58 ants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris is quite right, there is no "best programming language". In essence they are all very similar in that they all produce the same end result (a functional site) and thats they key here.

From the outset, the first thing i would consider is "what are you trying to achieve?", then which framework suits my needs from a tech, cost, maintenance, futrue proofing perspective.

Then are so many possibilities to how one can go about building a site....

On some projects over the years i have worked with ASP .NET and on others PHP.

But to keep costs down there are plenty of open source php driven site packages available you can download for Free or at a minimal cost.
Bliss Felton
Temp

5 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is no such 'the best' programming language, rather a language is the best according to your problem domain. Traditionally, ASP.net with scripting of JSP is the choice along with MySQL.
pinkpanther01
Secretary
Secretary

17 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is not a best programing language but I can advice you PHP/MYSQL if you want to make a web site Wink
RebeccaMarshall
Temp

4 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have working with PHP language a very long and I think its best.
am
Secretary
Secretary

20 ants

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting out today, I'd learn Python. Clean, really useful language in modern day web development. With Django, you have a very straight forward framework to develop fast, responsive web applications.

I started with PHP, still the most used web development language for online web services, popularity of the LAMP stack here is the main driver. The language itself is not as elegant as others such as Python though it works.

Java is good as it's a fundamental language in addition to the ones described above. It's also the language of choice for mobile applications and development, obviously an area that's going to be even bigger than it already is today.
globalart4u
Executive PA
Executive PA

125 ants

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AM

can you help the python foundation as they are looking for companies in the UK who use python etc someone trying to steal their trademark so they need as much help as possible link and headlines below and can you please pass on to as many as possible ?

Python trademark at risk in Europe: We need your help! http://pyfound.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/python-trademark-at-risk-in-europe-we.html
kraldmark
Secretary
Secretary

6 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PHP is the most popular. It boasts powerful and easy to learn, the most important is it supports high security.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Programming Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum