AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The importance of good photographs on a website
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Graphic Design Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not exactly an expert and a rich jerk telling other people how to do it.

I very rarely bother with business cards, except on the rare occasions where it's appropriate to exchange them. I collect (other people's) business cards like a turd collects flies. And that's the end of it. I get home and throw most of them away.

On the other hand, if they give me something useful - a pen, a canvas bag, a postcard, etc with their logo on it, then I'm quite likely to use it myself or pass it on to someone else.

In my experience, business cards are a complete waste of time unless you've actually had a proper business meeting with someone. You get people's attention more with a small gift. A pen at the airport when they're trying to find one to fill in a form. Even a bookmark with your URL on it at a local second hand bookshop.

As we've agreed, there's no way to measure the ROI, but at least you're spreading the word. I think it's worthwhile.

I dunno if extracting info out of the apartment visitors at the time of booking is a good idea. That would put me off booking. Why do you need to know what colour of socks I'm wearing? Gee, that guy is creepy. On the other hand, if you could spare them a little bit of pick-your-brains-time about the local area, if they wanted it, then that might work. I know it's a lot more hands-on, but think how your customers would feel about it - and go back and tell their friends too.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kay wrote:
I dunno if extracting info out of the apartment visitors at the time of booking is a good idea. That would put me off booking. Why do you need to know what colour of socks I'm wearing? Gee, that guy is creepy.

It's an optional second page of the booking form and phrased in such a way that I hope doesn't come across as creepy! Here's what it says:

Quote:
Finally, this part of our booking form is not obligatory, so please disregard it if you prefer, but it is always nice to know a little about our guests, and we can often tailor things to your specific needs or perhaps offer helpful suggestions if armed with more information.

Details such as whether your trip is for business or pleasure, whether you are visiting relatives, whether you have any specific hobbies or interests, whether you are celebrating a particular occasion, whether you are visiting for a particular event, whether you have visited Kendal or the area before, what particularly appealed about our accommodation or the location… anything like that can be really helpful, and can sometimes enable us to help our guests, so thank you if you choose to complete this part of the form!

It's then blank for them to write as little or as much as they want. Is that creepy? Confused
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. It's not creepy. I just don't like it when people ask a lot of questions when I'm booking or signing up for something.

I like the way you've put it in terms of the info they provide is to help them rather than to help you gather data. Smile
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no flies on me. Wink

It's designed not only to 'gather data' but also to try and break down barriers in communication. By this, I mean that I'm trying to get to know them a little more and have a bit more of a rapport with them (if they want it, of course). Yes, it gives me the opportunity to help them... and help them I will... but it also makes our relationship a little more 'chatty' and I think this can be beneficial when it comes to politely asking for online reviews after their stay.
DeniseTaylor
Secretary
Secretary

14 ants

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Paul

I couldn't agree more. The place is beautiful and very inviting.

People prefer images to words and with a great image you can create a lot of interest.

The pics you posted sure illustrated that!
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Graphic Design Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Google

Business ForumSport ForumTravel Forum