AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TicketSwitch anyone?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: TicketSwitch anyone? Reply with quote

I was looking at a website which had tickets for attractions nicely integrated in their website with a "buy now" button. I followed it back and discovered TicketSwitch. I'd never heard of them before.

We already do similar aff. marketing using Viator, but I wondered if TicketSwitch (co uk) might have something more or different to offer. But their site is curiously lacking in info. At first I wondered if they were just a start up but a quick Google search seems to suggest that they're not.

It just seems strange to me that I'd be in this niche and yet have never heard of a good company to affiliate with.

Does anyone here know anything about them or indeed is anyone affiliated with them? Any comments?
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd not heard of them either, Kay, and we already affiliate with Quay Tickets and Seetickets (and have looked at Ticketmaster in the past but were unimpressed by the poor payouts!).

What's Ticketswitch's commission payout? As with many affiliates, they don't seem to tell you before you request to join. Rolling Eyes
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Paul. Very helpful.

I've no idea what TicketSwitch's commission payout is. As I said, there was a real lack of any info on their website. They don't even have an online form to join up as an affiliate. You have to contact them to express your interest. Rolling Eyes I've gone right off them now. I don't like doing business with secret squirrels.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup... it's like seeing something in a shop window but there's no price sticker. You kind of know it's going to be damn expensive.

If they can't be upfront about commissions, you kind of know (I think) that they're probably not very good.

From memory, Ticketmaster used to pay something like 20p (no exaggeration) per ticket sale. They're having a laugh!!!
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have to ask the price you probably can't afford it. Twisted Evil

Equally, I can't afford to do a job or sell something if I don't get told up front how much commission or earnings I'll get. Some merchants really do make things difficult. I'm sure I've complained about that before. Perhaps I ought to go and add to my new thread which lists annoyances. Cool
gdulli
Temp

2 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

New here....I would be glad to discuss Ticketswitch further.

Ticketswitch have been around for a very long time. They were part of the Seatem Group who's main brand was keithprowse.com.

Seatem folded last August and was reformed with key personnel from Seatem as Ingresso - with investment from a venture capital company in London.

Ingresso see TS as very much the end game for the venture; the concept being that TS connect to the world's theatre and ticketing venue back end systems, via the Ticketswitch API; an extremely large ticketing agrigator for all theatres, sports arenas, etc where the public, travel agents etc can get last seat availability as Ticketswitch connects in real-time to 2rd party back end ticketing systems and outputs in various currencies etc.

its quite clever - and you will be offered better commission than Ticketmaster, depending on the ticket price of course.

As they are a new venture again, essentially, I noticed today their site was down - I also know they wont have ramped up the product list yet. teething problems I guess.

However, please understand, they used to be the biggest affiliate player in London theatre ticketing, having over 400 affiliates at one stage!

id be interested to hear what you think! i know so much coz I used to work there.

P
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the insight, gdulli... what do you do nowadays?

If you get chance, do please drop by on the Introductions Forum. Thumbs Up
DylanBaxendale
PA
PA

45 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon all

My name is Dylan Baxendale and I am the Online Business Development Manager at TicketSwitch. (Ingresso Group)

I came across your posts while surfing the web etc, I am very aware of Aardvark but for some reason had never registered, which I have now obviously done.

Thank you for the information that you posted on the forum gdulli, would be good if you could PM me for a catch up, we probably know each other as I was the Affiliate Manager at TicketSwitch up until 2009 and have now returned.

The information that gdulli has provided is correct. Ingresso, whom acquired the TicketSwitch technology in January, is a start up company and we are in the process of connecting to a number of live ticketing systems and currently setting up our affiliate program with live product as it becomes available.

We will in the near future have all the information that you have been discussing available on the web as well as an online affiliate sign up. Our commissions are based on a percentage of the retained margin after the sale of a ticket through the affiliate/distributor website. The commission percentages will start at 20% of the retained TicketSwitch margin and depending on the level of sales, integration etc, can be negotiated. We will also be providing a branded affiliate landing page and live reporting as well as options to deep link through our feeds or the affiliate will have the option of doing an integration through our XML core.

Send me a PM if you require any further information or presentations in the mean time while we complete our affiliate program set up.

We are working on having a our affiliate program and live product up and running shortly.

Best
Dylan
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for dropping by and posting, Dylan. May I ask what a typical "retained margin" is...?
DylanBaxendale
PA
PA

45 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

The retained margin will vary between different suppliers and ticket prices. As the commission is based on a percentage of the retained margin (Rev-Share) we try to aim for an average of between 4 - 8% of the face value of all tickets sold. Product margins vary in the industry as I am sure that ticketing affiliates will already know. For an example Sightseeing and Attraction margins are generally fairly good, but lower margins are very much known in the music and sports products. All commission amounts and earnings will be shown in the live reporting system with sales break downs etc.

I hope that this information is of a help!

Dylan
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dylan

I think this is why we find it difficult to make good money from tickets. From a sale value of, say, 100, we'd be getting 20% of 4-8%. That's around 1 or just over.

For a similar value hotel sale, I'd be more likely looking at around 5-10.

I realise these are the margins you have to work with, but I think it's much more difficult for affiliates to make a good living from it when compared with other opportunities out there. Would you say that's a fair summary?

Paul
DylanBaxendale
PA
PA

45 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul

The 4 - 8% of the face value of the ticket is worked out so that the affiliate is earning that margin. So you would possibly be earning between 4 - 8 on a 100 ticket sale.

The ticket industry is generally difficult to earn good margins on, agreed, but we are working on breaking that trend. Before TicketSwitch was acquired by Ingresso we had the top performing affiliate program within the industry with some of the top affiliates earning between 10k and 15k a month on commissions. We offer a rev-share, which is not very common in the ticketing affiliate market, only a couple do this, so by not paying a CPA per ticket sold you earn according to the value of tickets sold and not the quantity of tickets sold, we are able to pass on very competitive commission rates.

Cheers
Dylan
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DylanBaxendale wrote:
The 4 - 8% of the face value of the ticket is worked out so that the affiliate is earning that margin. So you would possibly be earning between 4 - 8 on a 100 ticket sale.

Ah, sorry... I misunderstood. That is much more appealing then.

Quote:
We offer a rev-share, which is not very common in the ticketing affiliate market, only a couple do this, so by not paying a CPA per ticket sold you earn according to the value of tickets sold and not the quantity of tickets sold, we are able to pass on very competitive commission rates.

Good to hear. I've never liked a fixed fee for a booking/purchase. When we make a big sale, us affiliates like to be rewarded accordingly, not just given the same amount as we'd get with a small sale. In my line of work, we have been known (very rarely, admittedly... well, on just one occasion if I'm honest!) to entirely book out a hotel. Sales like that deserve more than just a tenner! Wink Laughing

Good luck with it all,

Paul
DylanBaxendale
PA
PA

45 ants

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Paul

I will keep you all updated as to when the program goes live and we are able to set up affiliates with live product.

If anybody has any further questions, please don't hesitate to give me a shout!

Dylan
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, Dylan.

I might still be interested in this, once they get their site sorted out and updated with more information.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum