AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New site indexed in a few hours

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bill Ryan
Executive PA
Executive PA

67 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: New site indexed in a few hours Reply with quote

I bought a new domain name on Sunday night put up a WP site on Monday morning and it was indexed early in the afternoon.

I made 3 backlinks on the web and bookmarked it with IM Automator but that had probably only put a couple of bookmarks on in that time. I also Tweeted it.

I was hoping to get it on in a day or two so this surprised me.

Last edited by Bill Ryan on Tue May 24, 2011 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't surprise me. (I'm assuming you're talking about Google indexing.)

Usually I just give a new site a link or two from some of my other sites and it's indexed pretty much immediately.

I found Bing to be a slightly different ball game and wondered why my sites weren't being indexed quickly. I asked a few friends what I could do about it. Their advice was not to worry about it. If you get into Google, the others will pick you up and index you in their own time. Sure enough, that's what happened.
Bill Ryan
Executive PA
Executive PA

67 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last ones I did took quite a few days 3 or 4 I think. Maybe it is all getting faster!
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is. Recently, when I did a blog post on A Luxury Travel Blog, I happened to discover - quite by chance - that the post was seemingly indexed within seconds. Admittedly this was an established site, not a new site, but interesting all the same.
Bill Ryan
Executive PA
Executive PA

67 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got another one indexed in about two hours with a bit of bookmarking and a couple of Tweets done for good measure. I guess it is the norm now (well at least if you make it easy for Google to find.
radhika
Secretary
Secretary

11 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indexing is not the issue here. Staying in the google index and comes up in search results is the main issue.

Blog, tweets, backlinks are always attacks google to fiind the site. But staying there is an issue without dropping out of the index.
scottlinken
PA
PA

27 ants

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be the tweets, Twitter has a direct feed into google (type something - click on realtime in the left hand menu and see for yourself) and it appears instantly and therefore gets crawled
Philb
Vice President
Vice President

507 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottlinken wrote:
It will be the tweets, Twitter has a direct feed into google (type something - click on realtime in the left hand menu and see for yourself) and it appears instantly and therefore gets crawled

Twitter and Google have ended their relationship. Realtime has been dropped from Google for the time being.

Blogs and websites are entirely different - with a blog posting your blog software reaches out to Google etc and says there's a new post, and so the spider visits. I usually find blog posts indexed in Google blogsearch inside 20 minutes. With websites, we have to wait for Google to decide to visit, which may be quickly, or may take some time.

But yes - the point is less about being indexed, it's much more about being indexed highly over a period of time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum