AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Web Designers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GingerGinger
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Web Designers Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I'm looking into creating a website in the near future for a small business. Does anyone have any recommendations for where I can find a reasonably priced designer? Looking for "reasonable" rather than "cheap" as I want something that looks good

Very Happy
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose it all depends on what you class as reasonable. What kind of size site are you looking for, and at what budget?
GingerGinger
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this moment in time it would basically be for a basic portfolio type website, but with room to expand in the future as popularity grows (hopefully Razz ) . I don't really have a budget at the minute as i'm still throwing around a few ideas. Just enquiring on some standard price ranges for small sites.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still a little hard to advise. We are probably 'middle of the road' with our pricing, I would imagine. We charge 1000 and upwards for a site, depending on what's required, whilst others might do one for less than 200 and, at the other end of the spectrum, some won't be interested if it's going to be less than 10K.

Last edited by paul on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:27 am; edited 1 time in total
GingerGinger
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Paul, that's really opened my eyes. No idea people charge so much (and so little) for a simple site! Thanks for your help! Very Happy
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're dealing directly with a small design company (or person who does website design) you can probably push the price down by being able to take on some of the work yourself. We used to do website creation for others a few years ago but we don't do it any more. I couldn't cope with dealing with clients and the customer service side of things and also I found myself spending more time explaining WHY something had to be done rather than just doing it.

Clients are mostly a pain in the neck. If you can deal with a designer without becoming a nightmare client then you'll probably fare a lot better. Many designers also add a "tax" (it's like an idiot tax, but I can't say the word on here because of this forum's etiquette). Anyway, if they think the client is likely to be an "idiot" they factor in an extra charge accordingly.
GingerGinger
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kay! I'll keep that in mind when negotiating Very Happy thanks again.
alaina
Temp

3 ants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That nice to hear from you that you are going to develop your website for the business purposes. Now there are many websites which are offering many website templates which you need to install and easily get your website. They are available at cheap and affordable rates. You just need to search for Website Templates and you can get different Templates like Joomla Templates, CSS Templates and Magento Templates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum