AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

computeach.co.uk question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
recycler
Executive PA
Executive PA

108 ants

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: computeach.co.uk question Reply with quote

Hi

Has anyone used computeach.co.uk as a provider for distance learning and if so how good are their courses and how much support is given by tutors??

Cheers

UK Shopping Directory | Submit your UK site here
Old Welsh Guy
President
President

2041 ants

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to say it, but from what I have heard from friends they are overpriced, and not that good. There are far better cources available at colleges in night school or even day school part time if you can get away. There are also funding options for these courses like ILA's and CLA's (company learning accounts).
recycler
Executive PA
Executive PA

108 ants

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have done a C&G Web Authoring, OCN basic and advanced dreamweaver course and I want to take things another level and learn more about databases and creating dynamic sites. At the moment I get freelancers to do this sort of work for me. I have a day job and I have done most of what can be done locally at night classes. The distance learning angle seems the only way to carry on with the circumstances I have. BTW how much are their courses, their website displays nothing.

Old Welsh Guy
President
President

2041 ants

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well my brother (much to my annoyance) signed up for a course with them. It was a 3 year course (although as it was self study it is hard to say how they came to this timeline). In total he spent almost 8000. The course was poor IMO.

I am sure there people though who are better placed than I to help you.
recycler
Executive PA
Executive PA

108 ants

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8K is ALOT of money - I thought you'd be saying a few hundred quid - that far exceeds what the OU charge!!!

coursenotes
Secretary
Secretary

13 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if that is the kind of money we are talking about he should be getting peronalised teaching/tutoring. He could do a full HNC course for about 1100, day release or evening classes. Even distance elarning through a local college or OU woudl work out WAY cheaper and be better value (IMO)
goldctrsteve
Secretary
Secretary

15 ants

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8,000? I am amazed!!

We are just launching our own company in this field. My business partner and I are experienced professionals with decades of experience working in international business. We have put our heart and soul into our work, and our course material captures many of the lessons that we have learned by trial and error through the years. Of course, I'm bound to say we deliver valuable training, but the participants in our beta trial would back me up if you asked them.

On the other hand, we have cut our costs to the bone. This allows us to price our courses in such a way that they are accessible to a large audience. There are some things on which we won't compromise: quality, personal time spent each day with course participants (personal interaction is central to our courses), using only seasoned instructors, and so on. On the other hand, our marketing budget is minimal and we make sensible use of cost-effective software to deliver our courses.

Each course is four weeks in duration and requires about six hours of study per week (half of that time involves team activities), so that's 24 hours of study per course. Our university partners offer 2.4 CEUs when they resell our courses. Our courses are priced in dollars, although they are available in euros also. The introductory course is $99 (about 56, I believe) and the other eight courses are $199. Our entire suite of nine courses can be purchased as a package for $1,199 - which is about 680. That's about 3.16/hour of study.

Incidentally, we offer our courses to professionals in all English-speaking countries. In the end, the differences between the different forms of English are not that great, and we address them in one of our early courses. The principles of good business communication transcend such details.

8,000 sounds an awful lot of money. Do you know the number of hours of study involved? I'd love to compare our price per hour of study with that of computeach.

"Excellence in communication!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Education & Training Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum