AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New business needs help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
belde.products
PA
PA

28 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: New business needs help Reply with quote

Hello,

Im just started by own business wich is selling snowboards. Right now the sales are pretty low since theres nobody outhere who buys snowboards in summer but I will like to prepare myself for this season.

I dont have a web site right now but I plan to build one in the upcoming months, so i will like some help on that part.

Also maybe some printing marketing startegies will be helpful to.

What do you think about grupon ?
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: New business needs help Reply with quote

belde.products wrote:
Hello,

Im just started by own business wich is selling snowboards. Right now the sales are pretty low since theres nobody outhere who buys snowboards in summer but I will like to prepare myself for this season.

I dont have a web site right now but I plan to build one in the upcoming months, so i will like some help on that part.

Also maybe some printing marketing startegies will be helpful to.

IMHO, your website should be an urgent priority. Bear in mind that it can take a minimum of several months to achieve some good search rankings. This being the case, even if you got your website completed finished within a few weeks, you'd be hard pressed to achieve good search performance in time for when you presumably need to be selling.

Quote:
What do you think about grupon ?

What about it specifically? As an avenue for you to sell? With all due respect, I think it's more suited to the 'bigger boys' selling in volume...
belde.products
PA
PA

28 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the company has about 2 years now but our main activity until now was snowboard & ski repair services, the store is located right at the bottom of the slope.

Im thinking to start with second hand snowboard sales b/c has a better ROI, im not sure if I should build my own site for this or just useeBay for example?

Maybe a new logo? A new name?! ...easy to recognize in the future if I decide to go wider ?

How about paid advertise for online ? Like google adwords...or facebook ? Maybe target is around 18-35 male & female.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan to be in it for the long term, I'd recommend you get your own site. If you've been in business for a couple of years, I'm surprised you don't already have one (even if was just to advise people of services rather than products for sale).

eBay is certainly a possibility, but I'd personally start with sorting out your own site. You might like to think about a logo and name as part of it. I'm not sure of your current company name but if it's 'Belde Products' then perhaps you want to consider a name that better tells people what you do. Bear in mind that keywords in your company name can be useful when it comes to the search engines.

Online advertising... Google AdWords... Facebook... I see all those as secondary possibilities once you've got your site established.
belde.products
PA
PA

28 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, well im thinking to post a project on Logovendor {dot} com , what do you think ? Its a web site similar to 99designs but cheaper... Did you ever heard about them ?! Is it any good !?
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know that site specifically but crowdsourcing is certainly one way of getting a logo done fairly inexpensively. You can even get entire web designs by that method also.

I used http://www.crowdspring.com/ once to get this logo:

Cost around $300 in the end and happened to be done by someone in India...
contactdata
Temp

9 ants

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with paul about focusing on creating your website as soon as possible. nowadays, customers take a visit to the selling company's websites so they can get some information about you and your services.

thanks!
PainFreeProfits
Secretary
Secretary

16 ants

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: This could be a great selling opportunity... Reply with quote

...because it's the off season for snowboards.

People aren't expecting it! If you can get a really great offer (heck, maybe you can even get snowboard suppliers to heavily discount their products since it's off season) in front of enough people, and call it "Summer Snowboarding Special" or something, it could be a winner!

Right now, from what I've seen in this thread, you're looking and sounding like everyone else who sells snowboards. What do you do differently? What's the customer experience like, and how is that different from other places people could buy snowboards?

OK it's a month since you started and it's Fall now. However, it's still off season. What can you do to stand out?

Questions? Feel free to ask me! I'm a consultative sales trainer and business development manager.

Thanks,
Jason
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Starting a Business Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum