AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Google +

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hub-UK
Vice President
Vice President

419 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Google + Reply with quote

I really worry about the Google + button as I believe Google is using it in its search rankings.

I added Google + to all my web pages (about 4,963) in June and since then hardly anyone has given me a +

I suspect cooking and recipe sites either attract people who are in too much of a rush or people who are older and suspect things like Google +

The fact you have to sign in to use Google + is very off putting for a lot of people. Interestingly when you do sign in to use Google + it is extremely difficult to find where you log out. Not at all obvious. Now what could be the motivation for that?

Oh by the way I would be more than happy if thousands of you would nip across and give Hub-UK a Google + . . . even hundreds of you would be good, would even settle for half a dozen of you being a big improvement on what has happened so far!
www.kitchenskill.com
www.cookingholidays.co.uk
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about one for a start...? (I just +1'd it Wink)

We have thousands of pages with the +1 button also, but I'm not aware of many people using it. I guess it's like banners - people just blank it out and focus on what they really wanted in the first place.

I don't doubt that Google will probably use it in some small way or other but I would be surprised if it was that critical. I really wouldn't worry about it too much...
Elle1971
Executive
Executive

333 ants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am using Google+ for that reason. I just think it doesn't hurt you... but makes it easier than playing catch up later on... if Google decides that it IS a deciding factor.

Oddly though... despite Paul saying he clicked it... it didn't show in the count. It also didn't seem to log mine (so I posted the link on my +1 profile for you). I'd be concerned about that glitch... unless you can see from your end.

If you have time... I'd love if you could return the favour on my very Pet site as linked in the signature?

Nice site you have by the way - I can see me spending some hours mooching about in there.

Elle xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Web Design Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum