AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finding freelancers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Jobs & Employment Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Finding freelancers Reply with quote

At my work we're currently looking to recruit tens of freelancers to help with a writing task for some travel websites. Problem is, pay is low (simply because of the huge volumes of the work involved) and we've therefore been struggling to find people happy to do the work, even though we can offer large amounts of it.

This aside, we think there's a lot going for the task in hand because it is very flexible in many respects. All we need is people that have a really good grasp of English (and UK geography, ideally, as it's for some UK travel sites), but thereafter we can be fairly flexible as far as hours are concerned - both when the work is done, and how much is done (although there are some minimum requirements).

For this reason, we think it's really well suited to students (well educated, but with free time on their hands... if my student days were anything to go by, at least Wink)... to stay at home Mums (or Dads!) who might have a few hours to spare when the children are at school or between nappy changes/feeds... or simply to people who are looking to boost their household income with a few extra s. It isn't really suited, we don't think, to people looking to do the work as their household's primary source of income.

I know of the websites such as Freelancer.net and People Per Hour... does anyone have any other suggestions? Ones that, in particular, would help me to target who I think we're best suited to (students, SAHMs, etc.)

Thanks for any pointers.
Brendon
Secretary
Secretary

21 ants

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you go to oDesk? There are ample of people there looking for a "part-time job". Because as what we all know, people trust or rely on credible and legitimate job hosting sites for them to be assured of their pay. I'm not saying that your offer is not genuine but its just people feel safe about money matters that why they tend to go on posting their resume on job hosting sites. Know what I mean?

Good Luck!

Brendon

Last edited by Brendon on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'd never heard of that site but it looks like a useful resource. Not sure it's really homing in on the people who I think our work is most suited to, but it certainly looks to have some potential.
Brendon
Secretary
Secretary

21 ants

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Welcome. The site serves as my guide when I'm dealing with clients. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Jobs & Employment Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum