AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine AardvarkBusiness.net - Business Search Engine

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Selling Online Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
okanagan
Secretary
Secretary

10 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Selling Online Advertising Reply with quote

Hello I just wanted to see if I can get some tips with selling online advertising to local businesses. Should I:

-Call
-Email
-Visit the merchant directly.

Any advice would be useful.

Thanks
Garel Nugent
Kay
President
President

4173 ants

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've not tried selling to local businesses. However, if I was going to do that probably the first thing I'd do would be to have a leaflet or a flier made up explaining what was on offer, what the benefits are to the local business, how much it costs, and how to get in touch with you. Then you could put a leaflet through all of their letter boxes.

I think that unexpected phone calls annoy people. Unexpected emails trying to sell something are likely to be deleted. Calling in person doesn't seem to be a great idea either unless you have an appointment so you can show up when expected and at a convenient time.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
paul
President
President

11706 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would personally call to find out "who is the person responsible for advertising", get a contact name, possibly even speak to them up, and then follow up with a letter (and a phone call once they've had chance to digest that letter).

I wouldn't bother at all, though, if I felt I was flogging a dead horse. There's got to be something in it for them. If you can't see a truly genuine tangible benefit in the eyes of the advertiser, then it's a no go.
bossbuild
PA
PA

31 ants

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is local businesses your looking to get on board as clients then how about a introduction booklet or something, head down there and meet face to face with them, this way they get a picture of who you and your company are and will be more likely to take up your services. I know i would personally have a face to face meeting with some information i could browse through later on after having a good discussion with the person selling marketing services to me.

I have used this myself and got a couple of leads from the few selected place i visited. So long as your dressed well and speak clearly and can answer any questions people will give up some of there time instead of making phone calls etc, if you can build a list of contacts interested you could then go down the road of mass emails promotions to help try and entice them into taking out your services.

Hope this is helpful to you

Phil
ParisPro
Secretary
Secretary

18 ants

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Local business ads Reply with quote

I also would recommend to consider the idea of Link Baiting to attract local businesses to advertise on your site. If you have great content and content which matches the products local businesses offer and if your site is location specific - content can be effective.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AardvarkBusiness.net Forum Index -> Sales & Marketing Forum All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Google

Business Forum Sport Forum Travel Forum